Sunday, February 21, 2010

Melancholy MSM Monitor

Why?

The state of the MSM and unbearable chore reading the Globe has become for one. As their industry dies their lies and insults have become even more strident than my pained railings. It's as if they are bitter that their business model has imploded over the lies.

Continuing to read the newspaper is hurting me, readers. I feel it is affecting my health. It is nothing a doctor could detect physically in a check-up; it is just that indescribable feeling of heartbreak I experience every day by the "journey."

Then again, it's my own fault. I've deluded myself into thinking that when I fold open that fresh copy TODAY I will find something new in there: namely, the truth. And it never happens. Oh, you might find an allusion or statement now and then; however, it will then be concealed or obfuscated in subsequent stories. Therefore, as I flip through page after page marking the stories I intend to cover I find that hurtful sinking feeling creeping in until it's overwhelmed me by the end of the two-hour session. From the possibility of what might be in there and never is to a sense of complete dejection and deflation.

And as I struggle to find the energy to post commentary and analysis on what I've read and find the will draining I feel as if I am letting you down, readers. I should be posting, posting, posting and keeping current. Instead, I lag as I sigh my way through the daily newspaper. Doesn't even matter which one you read: local, regional, national, the tone and tenor is all the same.

I also don't know what else to do, readers. Before blogging I did the protest and activist gig, and the wars went ahead and continued anyway. I didn't even know what a blog was until 2005 when I discovered them in the college computer lab my final semester at the school. One year later I began posting here at Blogger.

In fact, it is hard for me to believe my original goals for the blog (in order):

1. Pay tribute the the victims and stop our lying wars.

2. Get the truth out about 9/11.

3. Keep Republicans from stealing the 2006 elections.

Number one has been an abysmal failure. The wars have only escalated and gotten worse with more being promoted as I type no matter how many tear-filled indictments I hurl at the war machine. That's where the MSM comes in again. They just look to expand and start more of them; once they are started, coverage tends to fade (as is true with all their garbage save for the daily division and anti-Muslim agenda-pushing). The only question is when they start calling what is going on World War III.

On 9/11, if people don't know the truth by now it is because they don't want to know. I mean, it's been almost ten years now, c'mon! There is plenty of information out there. There is no excuse for not knowing except not wanting to or caring. I've seen this in the few friends I have mentioned the issue to and given them a website or two to go to. Did they ever follow up or come back to me with a "Hey, I found out... (fill in the blank)?" No. They don't want to know, or don't care. Thus I have waned a bit on this goal.

And do I ever feel like a fool for wasting so much time and effort covering the last two elections. We went from a Republican Congress and president to a Democratic Congress with near historic majorities and a Democratic president -- and nothing changes except for the worse. We wanted an end to the wars, got escalations and plans for more; wanted a single-payer health system like what we saw in "Sicko," (pick a county, pick a plan; we are America, dammit, we can do anything) and got a health tax bill instead; we were against the billions-in-bonuses, looting bank bailouts yet got 'em anyway. These issues above all others are areas where 75% of Americans agree, and yet the democratic(?) government does the opposite? Politics is prevalent in the MSM because it is nothing but diversionary talk with a false paradigm of conflict as an added benefit. Try to make the American voter think he/she has a choice. As we see from the latest polls, however, even that MSM ruse is crumbling.

So as you can see, dear readers, I am not angry. I have used no profanities here. I wrote this post with an anguished pain and empty space in my torso. The same feeling I get each and every morning once I'm done flipping through the Boston Globe.

Until tomorrow, readers....