Thursday, April 14, 2016

Kim Skim

Globe missed it....

"A Wellesley man has sentenced to 18 months in prison for stealing $1 million from the Cambridge-based technology company where he worked. Federal prosecutors say 44-year-old Andy Kim was also sentenced Monday to a year of probation. He pleaded guilty in December to two counts of wire fraud. Authorities say while working as controller for the company, Kim stole $500,000 on two separate occasions. He disguised the transactions as capital transfers to the company's owner and then fabricated records to make it appear as if they were legitimate capital transfers. On both occasions, Kim wired the money to a bank account belonging to a real estate investment company, which in one case forwarded the funds to Kim's personal bank account and in another case, invested the funds on his behalf."

Also seeCambridge tech executive charged with wire fraud


" West Springfield police have shot and killed a man who charged at them with a knife after he had fatally injured his wife. Hampden District Attorney Anthony Gulluni said police responded to an apartment building in the city just after 6 a.m. Tuesday after getting a 911 call from a woman in another unit who said she heard a commotion and a woman crying for help. Police entered the apartment with the help of building management. Gulluni says two officers saw a man holding a knife and an injured woman on the floor. He says the man "charged at the officers aggressively," and the officers opened fire. The man and the woman were taken to Baystate Medical Center in Springfield where they were pronounced dead. No names were immediately released."

"A woman’s body was found in a tent in the Lynn Woods Reservation Tuesday morning, officials said. The woman was most likely living in the tent, according to Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett’s office said. The person who notified police at around 10 a.m. also lived there. No foul play is suspected, according to Blodgett’s office. State Police assigned to the district attorney’s office are investigating the woman’s death. The identity of the woman has not been released pending next-of-kin notification and positive identification."