Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Truckin'

What a long strange trip it's been:

Truckin at the break of dawn
Keep truckin, plunk my three bucks down
Together, I will outline, just keep truckin on.

Stench of rot and corruption oozing out of Wall Street
Chicago, New York, Detroit and DC as well
This blogger will be in his bubble
Buy a Globe and see what it will bring.

Dallas, got to JFK
Houston, that was the Bush's base
New York do I have to say
You just have to leave certain people be

Even as the pre$$ preaches peace and true love
The war lies and deceit continue to come from above
It's World War III so they know they better get goin
Rolled out of bay and dropped on the streets below

Truckin, at the break of dawn
Dirty black ink covering my hand
The piece o' shit ain't worth the price
So why not lay it down?

Sometimes the lights all shinin on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been.

What in the world ever became of Yagoda?
He's drenched in blood and you don't even know who he is
Reading the Globe, New York Times, and WaPo
All I can say is you haven't a clue.

Truckin, over to Cumby's
Thinkin only about a coffee
I pick up a Globe and put it back
and just keep truckin on.

Flipping and flipping through pages of BS
As it promotes the Police Surveillance State
It's true that you might sleep safer
but no warrants needed, they're just going to kick the door in

Busted, like in Palestine
But don't you dare call it a crime.
They'll burn you down like Trade Center Seven
And they just wont let you be, oh no.

Tired and sick of reading the bull$hit
Have decided to put it down
I'll keep my money in my pocket
Out through the door as the camera looks all around

Sometimes their shit sneaks up on me.
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been.

Truckin, I'm a headed home
Braking back to where I belong
That's when I came up with this song
Hey now get back truckin home.

Merry Christmas, readers, and to all a Good Night!