Saturday, October 13, 2012

Slow Saturday Special: Ohio's One Percent

I suppose any post from me is special now being it is such a rarity.

"Battle for Ohio heats up; Romney makes new appeals to women after Obama’s lead slipped following lackluster debate performance" by Alan Wirzbicki  |  Globe Staff, October 13, 2012

COLUMBUS, Ohio —Interviews with Democratic and Democratic-leaning women in Ohio suggest Obama has some ground to make up. The first debate left some of his supporters demoralized, and even caused a few of them to take another look at Romney.

Cathy Klim, a project manager from Circleville, Ohio, who voted for Obama in 2008 and said protecting abortion rights is a high priority for her, said she had been planning to vote for Obama again but was now undecided.

“I am very surprised by Obama’s performance. It makes me question whether he was qualified to do the job,” Klim said. “I truly feel like Romney would be a step back in terms of women’s rights, especially choice. The economy is a temporary thing, but when you’re talking about changes in women’s rights, that is a huge step back. I have a daughter and I want her to be able to make the choices that are right for her.”

Still, Obama came close to ruling himself out, in her view.

“I wouldn’t ever be voting for” Romney, Klim said. “I’d be voting against Obama.”

Mandy Henderson, 33, a landscaper and interior designer from Granville, Ohio, said she voted for Obama in 2008 but did not feel engaged this time. Obama looked “very tired” at the debate, she said. Henderson said she may sit out Election Day. “I won’t vote against abortion rights. But I don’t see much of a difference except on that,” she said.

Nor does anyone else. It's why I've stopped following the fraudulent farce of a false choice we call a presidential election.  

I'll tell you one thing I'm tired of, readers, and that is the divisive mouthpiece media's endless equation of femininity to where a woman stands on abortion. That position apparently defines you, ladies. So much for all the other issues that affect most of your lives much more. 

Even if next week’s debate reassures wavering supporters, the president’s rough ride since the debate has underscored how few paths to victory he has if he cannot maintain his edge among women voters.

Is that the new narrative to hook us into the shit-fooley diversion and sell a rigged election?

“If Obama gets 50-50 among women, he’s going to lose this election,” said Michael Dimock, associate director of the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, whose poll showed the dramatic dropoff in support among women. In Pew’s September poll, Obama led by 18 percentage points. This month, after the debate, the candidates were tied; white women accounted for virtually all of the shift, Dimock said.

Susan J. Carroll, a scholar at the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers, said Obama had failed to heed textbook political strategies for appealing to women in the first debate but could make up for it in the next two.

“What pollsters always say about women voters, and I think it’s very true, is what works best with women voters is talking with them in a kitchen-table kind of way that relates to their lives,” she said. “Obama just failed in the debate to address issues those women are concerned with — the obvious economic issues that are paramount in this race — and failed to address them in a way they could relate to.”

The silver lining for Obama, Carroll said, was that female voters ought to be the easiest for him to win back.

“These women are easier voters to bring back or to sway back in his direction, because they have a greater inclination to support a Democratic candidate like Obama if he just makes the right appeals and talks their language,” she said....

Obama still seems to have the upper hand, maintaining a six-point lead in the state....

I was told in the headline that the lead had slipped (sigh). Readers, I am hoping you an understand why I am really finding it hard to read a Boston Globe these days. 

In Ohio, voter attitudes seem to have hardened. In the CNN poll, only 1 percent of voters were undecided....

In other words, the whole narrative of this article is complete bullshit (as blog editor's heart drops out of his chest and through the floor. He is near tears as he types WTF, Globe?)

--more--"

Also see: Obama Ahead in Ohio

Meanwhile, I'm behind on this blog and must confess that I have a stack of completely unread Globes on my table as well as other half-read or quarter-read pieces of s***.  I think I've finally reached a saturation point where I am simply full up on the Jewish supremacism, elitist insults, complete distortions, or outright lies regarding whatever makes their hunk of s***. I make the notes on the note paper regarding all the good things the Globe has given me to read, and then I throw it into the growing pile of unread papers.