Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Globe Helps You Meet Your Future Self

What drugs are they on.... 

"Your 2023 self could really surprise you" by Carolyn Y. Johnson  |  Globe Staff, January 04, 2013

The “end of history illusion.” 

Promoted by globe-kicking empire builders and their mouthpiece media for centuries.

“I have to tell you that never in my wildest dreams when I had a long ponytail and was hitchhiking around the country and playing my guitar did it occur to me that my greatest joy would be sitting next to the love of my life, eating dinner on a TV tray, and watching ‘Jeopardy!’ ”

**************************

One implication of the research is that making long-term decisions, such as buying a house or marrying or taking a job based on what we value and are like now, may lead us astray....

How about leading us to war on lies? Where does that fall in on the old led astray meter?

So how should we make choices with lasting repercussions?

How about the truth for starters?

--more--"

RelatedMeet Future You

Also see: Globe Gets the Last Word