Thursday, February 28, 2013

Checking the Boston Globe Basketball Scores

I wish I hadn't....

"Roundup: Braintree stuns BC High" by Kendall Salter |  Globe Correspondent, February 28, 2013

Senior forward Steve Murphy scored a game-high 26 points as the 14th-seeded Wamps stunned third-seeded BC High, 66-62, in the first round of the MIAA South Division 1 basketball tournament....

No. 3 BC High rallied with tenacious full-court press to tie the score, but a bank shot and a free throw from Keyma Cannon put Braintree back up 3 before Murphy sealed the upset from the foul line.

Okay, someone did a good job of editing because in my print paper -- I kid you not and would never lie to you about something I have to put energy and time into typing -- I was told the game was tied at 64 before the three-point play.

--more--"

RelatedHey Reporter, What Game You Watchin'?

Yeah, it wasn't the first time I've noticed such things.

I'll be going to a local game tonight, readers, and attended one the other night as well. Best two weeks of the year, imho. 

Also see: Game Time! 

Same time next year?