Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Great Blizzard of 2013

I don't have to read about it because I lived it:

Massive storm builds by the hour
Two storms converged at ‘perfect’ spot
Warnings heard, a hush falls over Boston during storm
Amid the turmoil, Patrick is calming voice of caution
Travel ban surprises many, pleases some

I wasn't necessarily against it; I'm just angry at the way he did it, and that it was made a crime. He could have just pleaded and asked, not put out an empty threat left to arbitrary enforcement.

MBTA riders tweak schedules for shutdown
Boston bars warm up locals during storm
In Marblehead, marveling at the fury, majesty
Ski resorts hope for relief from lackluster season

They should be happy now.

Also see: 

Front Page Weather Forecast
Fascism Comes Under Cover Of Snowfall

Well, it is Massachusetts.

I must admit I was shocked when I tried to open my door this morning. Literally had to dig out.

RelatedHundreds of thousands without power

As you can see, I'm one of the lucky ones. 

And we are still under the travel ban?

Travel ban to be lifted at 4 p.m.

For more updates go HERE 

NEXT DAY UPDATES: 

"Monster snowstorm ravages New England; Travel resuming as Patrick lifts ban; but outages still a plague" by Brian MacQuarrie  |  Globe Staff, February 10, 2013

Pummeled by one of the worst winter storms in state history, much of Massachusetts spent Saturday digging out, waiting for power, and navigating a snow-shrouded landscape that proved both pristinely beautiful and savagely cruel.

Two people died and two were injured in Boston because of carbon-monoxide poisoning linked to the storm, which dumped up to 30 inches of snow on the state. Hundreds of coastal residents were evacuated from the North Shore to Cape Cod, and more than 400,000 people in Massachusetts awoke without power Saturday.

Begrudgingly but steadily, conditions improved throughout the day as power slowly returned and traffic-free streets became cross-country ski tracks. Governor Deval Patrick lifted the statewide travel ban at 4 p.m., 24 hours after imposing the first such prohibition since the deadly Blizzard of ’78....

--more--"

Also see:

Ocean roared into homes, flooded streets
Several rescued as sea surges into Scituate
Monster snowstorm ravages New England
Widespread outage leaves Quincy chilled
Quincy family toughs it out as thermostat drops
2 car deaths in Boston tied to carbon monoxide
Guard, paramedics help with delivery of baby
178,000 customers lose power in Rhode Island
Conn. orders Guard to help clear roads after big snowfall
Utilities’ response being closely watched
Recovery effort is full swing

SECOND DAY UPDATES: 

Forgive me, readers, because the agenda-pushing press has really put me in a rage this morning.

Not only did the AmeriKan media underreport the amount of snowfall up here in their glistening coverage, they TOLD ME RAIN TODAY and I HAVE ALREADY SHOVELED an INCH as of 9 a.m. -- with it STILL FALLING HARD! So the GREAT BLIZZARD of 2013 IS NOT EVEN OVER YET!

Enjoy the slop, readers:

"Region scrambles to resume its routines today" by Brian Ballou and Chelsea Conaboy  |  Globe Staff, February 10, 2013

The region began digging out from a historic storm under a bright-blue sky Sunday, as crews worked to clear roadways and restore power to the thousands of homes still without it. But the real test could come Monday as people return to workweek routines.

Actually, looking like not.

Side streets throughout Boston and surrounding communities remained snow-covered and choked off by plows trying to clear major streets. Many schools were closed Monday, and the day’s weather could bring another twist. Rain could weigh down the already-heavy snow and cause local flooding where drains are blocked. 

It's snowing here, and honestly, I'm tired of the slanted coverage when it comes to my weather. 

“Our expectation is to have people resume their ordinary schedules,” Governor Deval Patrick said....

Actually, I think I'm staying right here, guv.

--more--"

Also see: 

109,000 still awaiting return of power
Amid the toil, many find pure delight in snow

Not me. 

In New York, Long Island walloped by storm
Advance planning helps Mass. avoid worst from epic snowstorm
Snowstorm will provide a blizzard of lessons
MBTA service slowly roars back to life

I have no questions why it took so long. It's an aging, broken-down pos because all the money goes for debt payments.

Snow-laden roofs are new worry after storm

14 people died?

Related: Tornado touches down in Mississippi

I was told "nasty weather has settled in on much of Louisiana and Mississippi" in my print copy. I guess you didn't need to know that on line.

UPDATES: Residents of Miss. city amazed no deaths in tornado

Mayor Menino apologizes for clogged Boston streets

Just be patient, the mayor says. Sorry, but I've run out of patience with a government that never seems to have any for me.

On snow-clogged streets, residents’ frustrations mount
Discontent grows as thousands wait for power
Snow, power outages trap workers at home
Insurers see fewer claims from storm than expected
Safe to call storm a blizzard, weather service says

I didn't feel that I needed their approval. 

Another superstorm, another subpar US forecast

Related: Getting Set For Sandy 

That's what happens when all the money goes for wars and to Wall Street, Israel, corporations, and lavish political lifestyles. And the lying about the weather? Makes me the most angry, but at this point I expect nothing else from my agenda-pushing mouthpiece media.

Rockport picks up pieces from sea’s wrath
Mindful of storm’s severity, Scituate takes wait in stride
After the shoveling, the aches and pains linger

Yeah, tell me about it.

Blizzard blasts away parts of beaches, dunes, cliffs

I'm sure global warming will be blamed.

No-school days test the patience of parents

Yeah, damn kids(?).

Boston parking ban lifted, schools set to reopen

As I close down this post.