Monday, March 21, 2011

American Left Livid at Obama Over Libya

I turned on the car radio on my way over to my friend's house after basketball and it was the Ed Schultz show. Ed didn't seem to keen on another war; however, his callers were absolutely enraged. One woman was saying she didn't cast her vote for a war-monger, and asked why we aren't bombing Yemen or Bahrain. Another added that the assault on Libya is illegal because Congress has not approved military action, and said we already have our hands full with two wars.  A third added that the missile barrage has cost $100 million dollars, that she needed health care, and when the hell was all of this our business anyway? The tone and tenor of the rest of the calls were the same.

I'm sorry I was unable to post any Boston Globe material today, readers; my work hours were extended due to the snow we had today.