Friday, February 3, 2012

Unplanned Post

The four weeks are up already? 

"Planned Parenthood raises $400,000" by ASSOCIATED PRESS February 2, 2012

Planned Parenthood said yesterday that it received more than $400,000 from 6,000 donors in the 24 hours after news broke that its affiliates would be losing grants for breast screenings from the Susan G. Komen for the Cure breast-cancer foundation.

--nomore--"

"For Komen, a growing backlash; Urged to restore funds for Planned Parenthood" by David Crary, Associated Press / February 3, 2012

Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the renowned breast-cancer charity, faced an escalating backlash yesterday over its decision to cut breast-screening grants to Planned Parenthood. Some of Komen’s local affiliates are openly upset, and at least one top official has quit, reportedly in protest.

--nomore--" 

I'm sorry I didn't get more done for you, dear readers. 

Much as I hate to say it, I think this is it. Since the Boston Globe is shutting me off there really is no more need to buy or read it. I loathe the new website. Just another vast wasteland in a sea of shit. 

It's just as well anyway. From what I've heard and read, Facebook has done to blogs what blogs did to newspapers, and I will never face

Besides, I've been here nearly non-stop for over five years and I believe the time has come for some rest. 

Update:

"Netanyahu denied caving in to international pressure by removing the settlements from the list....  although the settlements still appear on the list." 

Can you see why I'm sick of the s***?

"There is a “strong likelihood’’ that Israel would strike Iran in April, May, or June."

I'll be back long before then.