Saturday, July 5, 2014

Slow Saturday Special: This Post is No Sweat

"Okla. slaying suspect won’t face death penalty" Associated Press   July 05, 2014

I guess Obummer got to 'em.

OKEMAH, Okla. — A man accused of fatally shooting two Oklahoma girls then killing his fiancee three years later no longer faces the death penalty after he agreed to waive his right to a jury trial.

Kevin Sweat is accused of killing 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker as the girls walked down a road in rural Oklahoma in 2008. But he wasn’t suspected in their deaths until police questioned him in the 2011 slaying of his fiancee, Ashley Taylor....

Earlier this year, Judge Lawrence Parish ruled that prosecutors could introduce as evidence a videotaped interview with state investigators in which Sweat said he shot the two young girls because he thought they were ‘‘monsters’’ coming at him.

‘‘I see demons, vampires . . . I do have some problems,’’ Sweat says in the video. ‘‘I was scared . . . They were still coming at me, so I shot them.’’

Anybody check his medicine cabinet?

--more--"