Monday, January 19, 2009

The Last Refuge For Americans

And now you CAN'T EVEN GO THERE!

"Facing rash of bar brawls, N.D. town wants to tape patrons

BISMARCK, N.D. - Authorities in a small North Dakota coal mining town want bar owners to install surveillance systems after a rash of brawls that some people liken to those seen in John Wayne's Western movies. Bar owners say the cameras would infringe on their patrons' rights....

Some bar owners oppose the surveillance, saying it would violate their patrons' rights to speak freely. "There are a lot of people who come to bars to talk about other people," said Perry Wolf, owner of the Lonewolf Saloon. "I like to drink my beer, too, and my mouth might get a little loose."

Wolf said bar owners are policing themselves. He installed a surveillance system after his bar was burglarized, but said he would not allow audio recording.

--more--"

I'm glad I DON'T DRINK; in fact, I'm a STRICT PROHIBITIONIST!!!!