Friday, July 23, 2010

My Morning Cry: Goodbye, Little Boy

It is what this whole thing is about for me:

Umm Haider cried over her son’s coffin during his funeral in Najaf yesterday. Ameer Hussein, 9, was killed by a roadside bomb.
Umm Haider cried over her son’s coffin during his funeral in Najaf yesterday. Ameer Hussein, 9, was killed by a roadside bomb. (Alaa Al-Marjani/Associated Press)

And we brought it to them with our lies, America!!

Oh, Iraqis (and Afghans, Pakistanis, Somalis, and all the other victims of the empire and its war crimes), I am SO SORRY we have FAILED YOU!!!


And to you, world, for having failed to stop these abominations.

I really am at my wits end and do not know what to do or say next.


Please, if you can find it in your hearts someday, FORGIVE US for what our government has done to you WITHOUT OUR CONSENT!!!

Related
: Genetic Damage' In Fallujah: The BBC Reports

How could they ever forgive us?