Monday, December 12, 2011

Cat's Paw

"Cat’s 8 extra toes help shelter raise funds

Unlike other cats, Daniel has two extra toes on each of his feet, due to a genetic mutation called polydactylism. 
Unlike other cats, Daniel has two extra toes on each of his feet, due to a genetic mutation called polydactylism. (Carrie Antlfinger/Associated Press)
 
He's cute, and he looks like the neighbors cat (except for the feet). 
 
--NOMORE--"
 
Amy Rowell, owner of Milwaukee Animal Rescue Center in Greendale, found Daniel in October at animal control when she went to pick up another cat. As she bent down to that cat's cage, Daniel stuck his paw out and poked her head.
 
"He was very clearly saying, 'I need to be rescued, I'd like to be your friend, please pay attention to me,'" she said.... 
 
I know a cat like that!  She'll be hopping into my lap later.
 
--more--"