Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Globe Special: War Criminal in Waiting

Maybe you wouldn't mind taking a ride on one, you unscrupulous corporate cretin. 

"Mitt Romney courts Tea Party activists in S.C., December 18, 2011 

Romney, speaking in a state with military bases, made several remarks about strengthening the armed forces. He was also asked about his views on waterboarding. 

“If I’m president of the United States, I’m not going to define for our enemies around the world exactly what enhanced interrogation techniques we use,’’ he said. “I’ll do what I believe is essential to protect the lives of the people of America, and I will not participate - I will not authorize torture.’’

Asked by reporters later whether he classifies waterboarding as torture, he said, “I don’t.’’

************************

“As George Costanza said,’’ Romney quipped at one point at the town hall meeting, quoting the character on “Seinfeld,’’ “when they applaud, just stop.’’   

Do I really need to even comment?

--more--"  

Related: Nominating Romney Means Return of Bush 

Also seeRomney Responds to Gingrich 

Don't Bet on Mitt Romney

That story sure dropped down the AmeriKan media memory hole.