Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tonight's TV Menu

I'm ashamed to say I may give it a look-see:

"GOP candidates face off in ABC debate tonight

The Iowa Republican Party and ABC News are sponsoring a debate at 9 p.m. tonight for six Republican presidential candidates in Des Moines.

Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Governor Rick Perry of Texas, Representative Ron Paul of Texas, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, and former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum will take part. Debate sponsors ruled former Utah governor Jon Huntsman ineligible.

--more--"  

Update: I watched the whole thing.

Let me rank them in performance and possible palatable presidents:

Ron Paul -- no surprise there; he's far above the rest in my eyes. He shined as the only decent human being on the stage.


Perry -- the nod to Ron Paul and the fact that he didn't stumble helped.

Romney -- he's the corporate choice, he's got the Bush crime family behind him, he's actually the perfect president for this government, and he is polished. I still see him as the eventual nominee even though I won't vote for him. If it is Obama vs. Romney I'm voting third-party or write-in, and not some fraud third party.

Santorum -- when they let him speak he actually sounded good, but president?  Nah!

Gingrich -- No f***ing way.

Bachmann -- The only reason Newt is on top of her is because at least Newt has a brain. He may be an arrogant bastard but her performance last night was abysmal in my mind.