Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Kicking the Boston Globe Habit

I've "checked" into the clinic, $o to $peak:

State defends ban on powerful painkiller Zohydro
US judge blocks Mass. ban on painkiller

Yeah, the court will let you keep dealing.

"Study finds brain changes in young marijuana users" by Kay Lazar | Globe Staff   April 15, 2014

Young adults who occasionally smoke marijuana show abnormalities in two key areas of their brain related to emotion, motivation, and decision making, raising concerns that they could be damaging their developing minds at a critical time, according to a new study by Boston researchers.

Other studies have revealed brain changes among heavy marijuana users, but this research is believed to be the first to demonstrate such abnormalities in young, casual smokers.

The Boston scientists also found that the degree of brain changes appeared to be directly related to the amount participants smoked per week.

Researchers did not study whether those changes were linked to corresponding declines in brain function, but lead author Jodi Gilman, a psychology instructor at Harvard Medical School and a brain scientist at Massachusetts General Hospital, said such abnormalities in young brains are reason for concern.

“This is when you are making major decisions in your life, when you are choosing a major, starting a career, making long-lasting friendships and relationships,” Gilman said.

Yeah, it's much better to have been prescribed prescription pharmaceuticals for years. 

I'm not saying I want kids smoking pot, but I'm also opposed to this story being on the front page of my Globe when the heroin shots I didn't take were back on page B1. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I recognize my promotional pre$$, and embrace all it's $hit-$hoveling narratives. 

I obviously don't smoke pot

The findings, published Wednesday in the Journal of Neuroscience, come amid an increased debate about the long-term effects of marijuana, as a growing number of states legalize the drug for medicinal and recreational use....

Gee, what great timing for prohibitionist propaganda to be placed in a new$paper, huh?

--more--"

Oh, no, I don't want a hit (blog editor frowns at missed opportunities of youth). I believed what I was told, that drugs were bad and the last thing I want these days is legal marijuana. 

Even against medical now because it's too much crime and corruption. I'd rather pharmaceuticals, banks, or military contractors open businesses. We don't need marijuana shops poisoning the world.

What have you kids been up to because something stinks in here.