Thursday, February 25, 2016

This Blog Will Get Your Goat

Got mine....

"Goat left in car in Oxford gets a bit of fame" by Steve Annear Globe Staff  February 23, 2016

John Miller was getting into his car Sunday at a Home Depot in Oxford when he noticed a stir in a nearby vehicle.

Was it a dog waiting for its owner? Nope. This critter was different. “It had horns on its head,” said Miller, of Sutton.

When he realized a goat with large, curling horns was sitting in the front seat of the vehicle, Miller took out his phone and began filming — and laughing.

“I was in complete shock, and I was amazed,” he said.

On Facebook, he posted a video of the encounter that has been shared more than 1,400 times. Not long after the 35-second video made the rounds on social media, the goat’s owner, Ashley Robertson, contacted him, and explained in a message why the goat was left in the front seat in the first place.

“I was only in Home Depot for ten minutes to get a toilet gasket,” she said.

On Tuesday, Robertson said that earlier on Sunday she had brought an alpaca to a new farm. The farm’s owner had a goat in need of a home.

“My kids had mentioned that we had goats, so she offered him to us and we accepted. I had to stop at Home Depot on my way home to get a gasket for my leaky toilet,” she said. “I’m pretty sure I couldn’t take him in the store.”

Just wondering why you wouldn't have gotten the gasket before the goat.

Roberston said the goat was never in any danger, but it did cause a ruckus. The goat turned on Robertson’s hazard lights, drank an old cup of McDonald’s soda, ate food left in the vehicle, and then proceeded to defecate on the driver’s seat, she said.

“I didn’t think he’d be able to get to the front seat because he’s such a big boy,” she said.

--more--"

You know, if you stare at 'em long enough.... gotta go.