Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Close Shave in Brookfield

"A fire at an old Massachusetts farmhouse is being blamed on a shaving mirror left outside in the sun. Brookfield fire Chief Peter Martell tells The Telegram & Gazette that the magnifying mirror was on a bench on the home's deck Monday when it reflected a beam of sunlight onto the side of the wooden house, sparking the blaze. The fire was reported at about 2:30 p.m. by a passer-by who noticed smoke. Only one of the house's three residents was home at the time. He escaped without injury...."