Friday, September 19, 2008

Saying Sig Heil in School

That's how I view this "requirement."

"168 ask that pupils recite the pledge

Woodbury residents who want the Pledge of Allegiance restored to Woodbury Elementary School's daily routine have petitioned school officials. But members of the School Board want to talk with the superintendent and principal before following the wishes of the 168 people who signed the petition. It is not known when the pledge stopped being part of the daily routine (AP)."

For the record, I never stood for the thing in high school.

I took a lot of grief for it, and one day a guy asked me why I didn't respect America.


I told him that I didn't recite the pledge because it was a lie -- there is NOT LIBERTY and JUSTICE for ALL!!!!

After 25 years, I believe I have been proved correct, no?