Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Boston Globe's Invisible Ink: The Forgotten Floods of China

I never saw it in my newspaper; otherwise, I would have posted it by now.

Hey, there is over a billion of 'em; what's a handful of dead, right?

Is that the message my MSM newspaper -- the region's finest -- sending me?

Instead I get this other crap I'm putting up along with this today?


"Floods kill 70 in southern China" by Associated Press | May 11, 2010

BEIJING — Torrential rains caused by the El Nino weather phenomenon have swept across parts of southern China, toppling homes, destroying crops, and killing at least 70 people, state media reported today.

Flooding caused by the heavy rains, which started a month earlier than normal, damaged more than 80,000 homes and large swaths of cropland, affecting more than 10 million people across 13 provinces and cities, the State Flood Control and Disaster Relief Headquarters said on its website.

Sometimes I truly believe it's God tears as he looks down on this planet; rotation of the earth just happened to catch the Chinese.

“South China has already entered its flood season, one month earlier than in past years. The biggest floods have yet to come,’’ Sun Jun of the National Meteorological Center was cited as saying by the official Xinhua News Agency....

Okay, I'm waiting for the other MSM shoe to drop; where is the "it's global warming's fault?"

Sun said the extreme rains were caused by El Nino, which has linked hot, wet air from southern China with cooler air traveling south from northern China, according to Xinhua.

Umm, EXCUSE ME?

Is that why it never made my never-to-be-called-back (unlike constantly edited computer records and stories) newspaper?

--more--"

I would think it is still raining there even if the paper.... sigh.

Related:

"Last year, China invested about $34 billion in solar panels, wind turbines, and other alternative energy technologies, nearly twice as much as the United States, where spending fell sharply.

Hey, look, we have corporate and bank bailouts, lie-begotten wars, the lavish lifestyles of lootislators, and a war-criminal master to fund and protect, damn ya!

Work on that before hitting us with a carbon tax on motor fuel (an INCREASED GAS TAX, Amurkn)!!!


--more--"

Oh, yeah, I did get a heaping helping of agenda-pushing out the Glob.