Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Globe Special: Play Like a State Champion

Especially if they are not going to report like one. 

The Globe reported the game, but they didn't put the box score that I'm staring at in my printed paper. Same with my local. Thus it will be up to me to hand-type the contradictions and discrepancies in the two reports. 

Globe scoring for Team A: 

13, 11, 8, 7, 6, 3, 2, total of 50

Local: 

14, 11, 9, 7, 4, 3, 2, total of 50

They can't both be right. 

Of course, that doesn't stop the Globe from editorializing on the games.

Related: Hey Reporter, What Game You Watchin'?

You know, if it had been the first time I might have let it slide; however, the damn pos propaganda sheet can't even get the basketball scores right. We are not talking rocket science, war propaganda, economic garbage, or political fooleys here. We are talking about a quantifiable and definitive amount of information here. I mean, there is an official scorer just a few feet down from the press table. What is it, against the law for a sports reporter to go talk to them? And if they can't get the points scored right, why in the world would you trust them regarding, well, anything else. It's a basketball score, hey!

Side note: I didn't play like a champion today. I was mostly ineffective and played like the grizzled old vet I am.