Sunday, April 26, 2015

Slow Saturday Special: The Midnight Ride of Tim McVeigh

"Timothy McVeigh viewed Okla. blast as failure, papers show" by Michael Graczyk Associated Press  April 18, 2015

AUSTIN, Texas — Timothy McVeigh considered the bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building 20 years ago somewhat of a failure, viewed himself as a “Paul Revere-type messenger,” and even suggested his defense team should receive $800,000 from the government, according to an archive of documents donated by the convicted bomber’s lead attorney.

The estimated 1 million pages of paper documents from Stephen Jones now fill 550 file cabinet-sized boxes at the Briscoe Center for American History at the University of Texas, where the Enid, Okla., attorney received his undergraduate degree. The trove, delivered to the school in three phases since 1998, was not fully organized until late last year.

It includes a confidential report from a polygraph examiner, who wrote that McVeigh had wanted to ‘take out’ the Murrah Building on April 19, 1995. Although the blast killed 168 people, including 19 children, the examiner concluded, “In McVeigh’s mind, he believed that he had definitely screwed up because he left the building still standing.”

McVeigh was executed by injection in 2001 at age 33. Coconspirator Terry Nichols was convicted separately and sentenced to life in prison.

Even as he stood accused of orchestrating what until the Sept. 11 attacks was considered the deadliest act of terrorism on US soil, McVeigh appeared to be driven by profit and thought his attorneys should be entitled to “$800,000 [after fees, taxes].”

And not ideology like we were told?

“If I’m gonna die anyway, I want to make some money. Not for me, but to try to make up for what my family has been put through, as well as to shell out some ‘bonuses’ to my legal team,” he wrote in one note to his defense team.

In another, he doodled a tank ramming a house and wrote: “This is the FBI! . . . Send out your women and children. We know you’re in there and we know you have Bibles and a copy of the Constitution!”

McVeigh provided a first-person account of the bombing to Jones in September 1995. He talked of lighting the fuse in a rental truck filled with explosive fertilizer, parking it at the building, throwing the key behind the seat, then walking away and trying not to look conspicuous, even after the blast hit.

He told Jones that he didn’t have the resources to conduct a “solo war.”

“I determined that the best way would be to continue on as the Paul Revere-type messenger instead of the John Brown-type revolutionary, that you could accomplish maybe two in one,” McVeigh said.

Where the print version ended.

The collection also includes a copy of a published cartoon showing 11 jurors frowning and one smiling, with an arrow pointing to her and the note: “My choice, potential juror.”

Don Carleton, executive director of the museum, said Jones wasn’t comfortable putting the material at an Oklahoma institution “because the feelings were so raw” and his fears the collection could be perceived as “almost a shrine” to the convicted bomber.

“It’s been a difficult collection to figure out how to let people know we have it available for research,” Carleton said. “You don’t want to promote it. That’s not the right word. You don’t want to publicize it without coming across as being somewhat celebratory. It’s almost like Holocaust records. You’ve got a whole bunch of people who are rightly so sensitive to this.”


Besides the handwritten notes from McVeigh, the defense case files include reports of investigations, news stories, photos, recordings, and trial exhibits.

In 2001, Jones published a book suggesting McVeigh and Nichols could not have been alone in carrying out the bombing. 

Everybody knows it, even the government-selected defense attorney.

McVeigh denied any knowledge of another collaborator or the presence of an accomplice who became known in the case as John Doe No. 2. But the polygraph examiner, Tim Domgard, wrote there were “indications of deception” in McVeigh’s responses related to questions about others involved.

In the polygraph interview, McVeigh said when he was pulled over by an Oklahoma highway trooper shortly after the bombing for not displaying a license plate on his car, he had “several opportunities to kill the trooper, however, did not because he was a state official and not a federal official.”

Asked about events leading up to the bombing, McVeigh said “action had to be taken” after the 1994 passage of the assault weapons ban but said he wasn’t certain at that time exactly what kind of action would be appropriate. In other notes, he also points to the outcome of the Branch Davidian siege near Waco as an influence.

The files have numerous references to media coverage and McVeigh’s sense that Jones was too cozy with reporters and TV producers.

Just playing his role.

McVeigh complained to Jones in 1995 that he was granting so many television and newspaper interviews, ‘‘I am afraid you are becoming addicted to the ‘media bug.’ ’’ Jones responded: ‘‘If you want to keep the media on your side, they must be fed.’’

As if they ever were.

In one note to Jones marked ‘‘Personal,’’ McVeigh told him if anyone ever approached him ‘‘to ‘lean’ on you to ‘throw’ my case, please confide in me.’’

‘‘I am a realist, and I know our government,’’ he added. ‘‘TDC — threat, duress, or coercion — is a standard. Money or muscle can influence all but the most ideological.’’

He is right about that, but being who he was it loses all credibility, right?

In the interview with Jones detailing the bombing and his arrest, he recalled how someone at the jail watching television coverage of the bombing investigation told him he resembled a composite photo of a suspect being sought.

Then a court appearance for his arrest for carrying a concealed gun and knife during the traffic stop, he noticed increased police activity around the courthouse where he was held. After his bond was set at $5,000, a woman in an adjacent cell told him: ‘‘They think you’re the bomber.’’

‘‘And I said, ‘No way.’ And then here is where it becomes a blur, Stephen,’’ McVeigh told Jones.

That reminds me; he was likely drugged while in prison, much the way Dzhokhar looks at trial.


Just another lone nut patsy?



I don't know about the Iraqi angle, but that's par for the course when it comes to Alex. Good information sometimes, but take a grain of salt with your controlled opposition.

Oklahoma City Bombing Was a False Flag 

The Oklahoma City Bombing

"Twenty Years Later: Unreported Facts About the OKC Bombing

Posted on by

Next week will mark the 20th anniversary of the terrorist bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, which killed 168 people including 19 children. The mainstream media will undoubtedly focus its attention on Timothy McVeigh, who was put to death in June 2001 for his part in the crime. They might also mention Terry Nichols, who was convicted of helping McVeigh plan the bombing and is serving a life sentence without parole.

There will be less discussion about how the FBI spent years hunting for a man who witnesses say accompanied McVeigh on the day of the bombing. They called this accomplice John Doe #2 and theories about his identity range from an Iraqi named Hussain Al-Hussaini, to a German national described below, to a neo-nazi bank robber named Richard Guthrie. The Justice Department finally gave up its search and said it was all a mistake— that there was never any credible evidence of a John Doe #2 being involved.

That reversal demonstrates a pattern of cover-up by authorities and limited media coverage in the years since the crime. This week, accounts will not repeat early reports of secondary devices in the building, or reports of the involvement of unknown middle-eastern characters. There will also be little if any mention of the extensive independent investigation into the crime that was conducted by leading members of the OKC community. Here are seven more facts that will probably not see much coverage on the 20th anniversary.

  1. Attorney Jesse Trentadue began investigating the case after his brother Kenney was killed in prison, apparently having been tortured to death by the FBI in its search for John Doe #2. Trentadue’s investigation led to a federal judge nearly finding the FBI in contempt of court for tampering with a key witness. Trentadue now says, “There’s no doubt in my mind, and it’s proven beyond any doubt, that the FBI knew that the bombing was going to take place months before it happened, and they didn’t stop it.”
  1. Judge Clark Waddoups, who presided over the case brought by Jesse Trentadue, ruled in 2010 that CIA documents associated with the case must be held secret. These documents show that the CIA was involved in the OKC bombing investigation and the prosecution of McVeigh. This means that foreign parties were involved because the CIA is prohibited from interfering in purely domestic investigations.
  1. Andreas Strassmeir, a former German military officer, was suspected of being John Doe #2. Strassmeir became close friends with McVeigh and they were both associated with a neo-nazi organization located in Elohim City, OK. A retired U.S. intelligence official claimed that Strassmeir was “working for the German government and the FBI” while at Elohim City. Mainstream reports about the OKC bombing typically avoid reference to Strassmeir.
  1. Larry Potts was the FBI supervisor who was responsible for the tragedies at Ruby Ridge in 1992, and Waco in 1993. Potts was then given responsibility for investigating the OKC bombing. Terry Nichols claimed that McVeigh—who allegedly had been recruited as an undercover intelligence asset while in the Army—had been working under the supervision of Potts.
  1. Terry Yeakey, an officer of the OKC Police Department, was among the first to reach the scene and he was heralded as a hero for rescuing many victims. Yeakey was also an eyewitness to conversations and physical evidence that convinced him that there was a cover-up of the bombing by federal agents. Yeakey was committed to getting to the truth about what happened but a year after the bombing he was found dead off the side of a rural road. His death was ruled a suicide despite overwhelming evidence that he was murdered. Authorities reported that Yeakey, “slit his wrists and neck… then miraculously climbed over a barbed wire fence… walked over a mile’s distance, through a nearby field, and eventually shot himself in the side of the head at an unusual angle.” No weapon was found, no investigation was initiated, no fingerprints were taken, and no interviews were conducted. His family continues to fight for the truth about his death.
  1. Gene Corley, the engineer who was hired by the government to support its claims about the structural fire at the Branch Davidian complex in Waco, was brought in to investigate the destruction of the Murrah Building. Corley brought along three other engineers: Charles Thornton, Mete Sozen, and Paul Mlakar. Their investigation was conducted from half a block away—where they could not observe any of the damage directly—yet their conclusions supported the pre-existing official account. A few years later, within 72 hours of the 9/11 attacks, these same four men were on site leading the investigations at the Word Trade Center and the Pentagon.
  1. There are many other links between OKC and 9/11. For example, the alleged hijackers visited the OKC area many times and even stayed in the same motel that was frequented by McVeigh and Nichols. After both the OKC bombing and 9/11, building monitoring videos went missing, FBI harassment of witnesses was seen, and officials ignored evidence that did not support the political story. Additionally, numerous oddities link the OKC area to al Qaeda. In 2002, OKC resident Nick Berg was interrogated by the FBI for lending his laptop and internet password to alleged “20th hijacker” Zacarias Moussoui. Two years after this interrogation, Berg became world famous as a victim of beheading in Iraq. Investigators looking for clues about these connections will be particularly interested in two airports in OKC, the president of the University of Oklahoma, and the CIA leader who both monitored the alleged hijackers in Germany and was hired at the university just before 9/11.
On April 19, 2015, at the 20th anniversary of one of the worst terrorist attacks in history, citizens should be reminded that we don’t know what happened that day. We don’t know because officials have covered-up the crime for unknown reasons and most media sources will not challenge that cover-up.


Ones that will:

"Exclusive: Oklahoma City Bombing Breakthrough, Part 1 of 2" April 22, 2015 by

Two decades have passed since the April 19, 1995, Oklahoma City bombing. It was the deadliest act of domestic terrorism in American history, and 168 people died, including 19 children.

The attack on the Murrah Federal Building was said to be the work of Timothy McVeigh and two confederates, described as right-wing extremists with an anti-government agenda. McVeigh was executed by lethal injection and Terry Nichols and Michael Fortier were given prison sentences.

Now, however, major cracks have appeared in the federal government’s story—a story long considered by some victims’ families to be little more than a stonewall of mendacity and distortion. New revelations suggest that the government may be covering up prior interactions between intelligence services and the accused. In this way, Oklahoma City poses some of the same questions raised by 9/11 and the Boston Marathon Bombing—other national security traumas where Washington has worked hard to block potentially devastating disclosures.


Probably the most significant new development is multiple confirmations of past allegations that a German intelligence operative with ties to one or more US agencies, Andreas Strassmeir, aka “Andy the German,” had a close and extensive relationship with McVeigh.

Based on 19 years of active investigation by this reporter—including hundreds of interviews, over two score field trips, and unique access to critical documents—information presented herein leads to a hugely important finding: the FBI was aware of the Strassmeir–McVeigh relationship and was monitoring McVeigh’s activities at a never-before-revealed level approaching “close surveillance.”

Contrary to Strassmeir’s long-standing claim, endorsed by the Department of Justice, that he and McVeigh had a single, brief, inconsequential meeting at a Tulsa, Oklahoma, gun show two years before the bombing, several credible sources assert the relationship was far more substantive.

If correct, that could fundamentally alter Americans’ understanding of the way their government goes about protecting American lives—or, in the case of Oklahoma City, failing to… with tragic results.

“Andy the German”: an informant for certain, maybe a provocateur

A very senior retired CIA official, speaking on background to me in 2006, said he had read an in-house study examining whether the Agency had any “exposure” in OKBOMB (the FBI Major Case name for the bombing investigation).

While the study cleared the US spy agency, it identified a German intelligence operative as being involved. This individual was Andreas Strassmeir. According to my source, although the CIA report stated that Strassmeir worked for the German government, it also said that the intelligence he was collecting on McVeigh had been shared with the FBI.

Strassmeir came to the United States and became active in right wing and neo-Nazi circles, ultimately becoming security director of Elohim City, an extremist “Christian Identity” enclave in eastern Oklahoma. Run by the “Reverend” Robert Millar, a cunning manipulator who also served as a Cooperating Source for the FBI—think “Whitey Bulger of the Ozarks”—Elohim City was a major way-station for neo-Nazi and other white supremacists who in 1983 declared war on what they termed the Zionist Occupation Government (ZOG). Strassmeir began living there in August 1991.

But he did not fit the profile of an angry social misfit living in the pinewoods. His father had been a high-level apparatchik in the German national government, and his brother was a Berlin city councilman. Strassmeir himself had served in positions of authority in the German Army.


In March 1997, as McVeigh’s trial was unfolding in Denver federal district court, the Department of Justice provided his defense team with a large dump of discovery materials. These included reports from interviews by FBI agent Robert Blecksmith with officials in seven “federal government law enforcement and intelligence agencies to determine if ANDREAS CARL STRASSMEIR was ever a cooperating witness or confidential source.”

The subject of these interviews was raised by McVeigh’s principal defense attorney, Stephen Jones. He wanted to know if Strassmeir ever had any kind of relationship with any federal agency.

Six entities—Customs, Defense Intelligence Agency, Internal Revenue Service, National Security Agency, Secret Service, Drug Enforcement Agency and the U.S. Marshals Service—responded that they had found no relevant records. (Interestingly, no request was made of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), which would have had an interest in weapons activities at Elohim City.)

But the response of the CIA’s Office of General Counsel was quite different. Attorney Linda Cipriani revealed only that she had provided to DOJ attorney Beth Wilkinson “the results [of a records search] to determine if Strassmeir, white male date of birth 5/17/59, had ever worked for or been affiliated with her agency.” But that did not answer Agent Blecksmith’s question.

Note that Cipriani did not declare unambiguously, as did six other federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies, that there was “no record or information indicating that Strassmeir” had any relationship with those agencies.

Understandably, McVeigh’s attorney was eager to learn exactly what had turned up in that CIA records search on Strassmeir. But that information was never disclosed. Jones requested that the presiding judge, Richard Matsch, order DOJ to share the information presented it by the CIA, but Matsch refused to do so.


So, were McVeigh, Nichols and Fortier disgruntled domestic terrorists operating on their own? Apparently not, according to one long-time FBI Confidential Informant (CI).

Shortly after the April 19, 1995, bombing, John Matthews, a CI targeting right wing and neo-Nazi groups (but expressly forbidden to target OKBOMB-related information), reported to his FBI handler information relevant to McVeigh. Matthews recounted how, a few years before the Oklahoma City attack, he had attended a weekend training session in Austin, Texas, for a suspect paramilitary group. While at this meeting, Matthews met two ex-soldiers, introduced as “Tim” and “Andy.”

In the post-bombing media deluge, Matthews realized that “Tim” was Timothy McVeigh, When Matthews related his information about “Tim” and “Andy the German” to Don Jarrett of Phoenix, his FBI handler, Jarrett responded, “We know, John. Don’t worry about it. We got it covered.”

Newsweek confirmed this statement, and others, by Matthews in preparing its November 28, 2011, cover story on white supremacists.

Further corroboration of extensive interactions between McVeigh and Strassmeir come from Bill Buford, the retired former head of the Little Rock ATF office. Buford said on the record that he knew of both verbal and written reports putting McVeigh at Elohim City. He also stated that while none of this material was provided to the defense teams in discovery, it was included in an FBI summary report sent to DOJ.

Additionally, FBI Agent James Carlile, has said on the record: “…McVeigh had been in there [Elohim City] and probably tried to recruit somebody… ”

Why is Strassmeir Important?

Strassmeir has always been the enigmatic key to understanding the Oklahoma City bombing. His crucial role began to be documented in August 1994, when the Tulsa, Oklahoma, ATF office recruited as a paid Confidential Informant a Tulsa debutante who had become involved in white supremacist activities after surviving a near-assault by several African-American males. Designated CI-183, Carol Howe gained ready access to Elohim City, visiting almost weekly and staying on occasion for several weeks until a short time before the bombing. Howe got to know Strassmeir well.

Less than a half year before the Oklahoma City bombings, Tulsa ATF issued a remarkable report. In its November 1994 monthly Report of Investigation (ROI) on Howe’s activities—sent both to the regional ATF office in Dallas and directly to ATF headquarters in Washington (signifying a very high-profile case)—it described Strassmeir as follows:

He was born in 1959 and served in the West German military starting in 1979. He was an infantry officer. His plans are to forcibly act to destroy the US Government with direct actions and operations such as assassinations, bombing and mass shootings. He believes the biggest enemy to be the United States Government (ZOG).

Tulsa ATF targets Strassmeir

The Oklahoma City bombing story is significant on many levels. One important aspect is what it shows about the welter of agencies that are as often investigating and arresting each other’s shadowy operatives as they are cooperating. Nowhere is this more apparent than in regard to Elohim City, where several of the key “extremists” may well have been government agents unwittingly egging one another on.

This kind of compartmentalization, while perhaps understandable in intelligence operations, nonetheless can lead to tragedy. That may be what happened in the case of Oklahoma City, when ATF’s efforts to nab the German were thwarted by other entities.

Here’s what happened, as reconstructed from documents and interviews.

Within two weeks of ATF’s report on Strassmeir, David Roberts, Resident Agent in Charge (RAC) of the Tulsa ATF, set in motion plans to raid Elohim City and arrest the German. He would, it was assumed, be held as a “criminal alien” (having an expired visa) in possession of firearms. Strassmeir’s illegal possession of firearms—(a felony under 18 US Code 992(g)—triggered ATF jurisdiction.

Contemporaneous records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) show that in early December 1994, Tulsa ATF requested a “certificate of non-existence of lawful permanent residence” from INS headquarters in Washington. A January 5, 1995, INS record stated that Tulsa ATF “request [INS] participation in Raid – next month.”  (Prior to the reorganization leading to establishment of the Department of Homeland Security, INS was a part of Department of Justice, and ATF was an agency of the Department of Treasury.)

On February 16, 1995, ATF headquarters formally certified that no paperwork existed to back up Strassmeir’s  “lawful admission to the United States as an immigrant.” He was now fair game for arrest in a joint ATF/INS raid.

While INS’s wheels were slowly grinding in Washington, Tulsa ATF accelerated pre-raid preparations. On February 7, its agents conducted an aerial reconnaissance of Elohim City, using an Oklahoma State Highway Patrol aircraft and pilot. The ATF Report of Investigation (ROI) for February stated, “Both photographs and video were taken.”

(ATF Tulsa records during this time begin to show an increasing concern to withhold what was seen as very sensitive information. But, the bane of any such effort—too much paper, too widely distributed—does allow for a relatively complete picture of these crucial days and events.)

Now that INS had certified Strassmeir as an illegal alien, Tulsa ATF requested that Oklahoma Highway Patrol issue a “BOLO” (Be On the Look Out”) for “Strassmeir. Titled, “BOLO for Security Chief at Elohim City Compound,” and naming “Andreas Strassmeir” as the target, it stated:

—Came to USA in 5/91, passport was good until 8/91. He never left the country. INS says he does not have an extension on his VISA.

—Carries a .45 auto pistol at all times.

—He is an illegal alien, ATF wants to be notified if he is stopped and has the gun on him. They will file the charges.

—Contact: [information for CI-183’s ATF handler was listed]

These plans were brought to a sudden halt. To find out why—and what happened next—please see Part II of this piece.


"Exclusive: Oklahoma City Bombing Breakthrough, Part 2 of 2" April 23, 2015 by

Not So Fast, ATF

As noted in Part 1 of this 2-part series, in early 1995, Tulsa Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents were eagerly preparing for a highly anticipated raid on the radical right-wing enclave of Elohim City—and the arrest of the shadowy figure Andreas Strassmeir, aka “Andy the German.”

Then, suddenly those plans were dramatically and suddenly halted. The abrupt about-face was recorded in a Report of Investigation (ROI) for February 1995:

On February 22, 1995 this agent met with OHP [Oklahoma Highway Patrol] Trooper Ken Stafford [the pilot who had flown the AFT team on the February 7 aerial reconnaissance] to exchange certain information regarding this investigation. Trooper Stafford indicated that the FBI also had an ongoing investigation regarding Elohim City. (Emphasis added.)

Near panic gripped federal law enforcement agencies in Tulsa. An extraordinary meeting took place later that day between ATF RAC David Roberts and the local US Attorney, Steve Lewis. The meeting violated strict bureaucratic protocol whereby Lewis would normally not have deigned to meet with a lowly RAC, and would have met only with Roberts’ Dallas-based regional ATF boss.

The left-hand and the right-hand of federal law enforcement targeting Elohim City finally became aware of each others’ investigations, and Lewis’s meeting with Roberts had one immediate and three follow-up consequences:

—ATF terminated its investigation and the planned arrest of Strassmeir

—ATF terminated CI-183 (the Tulsa debutante) as a paid Confidential Informant.

—ATF terminated its investigation of White Aryan Resistance (and Elohim City).

—The FBI continued its investigation at Elohim City, unimpeded by the ATF.

(A planned visit to Elohim City by CI-183 for the week of March 5-11 did not take place, or, if it did, no records of the visit have been released).

In September 2001, six years after the bombing, David Roberts told CBS 60 Minutes II producer Mary Mapes in a not-for-record telephone call the following, never-before-public information:

the Oklahoma City bombers came out of Elohim City

the FBI had a snitch in the middle of the bombing conspiracy

the FBI took over sole investigation of Elohim City to protect its snitch.

This writer was working as a consultant to 60 Minutes II on September 8, 2001, and made notes of Mapes’s telephone call to an attorney representing Terry Nichols, the man who was charged and convicted as McVeigh’s partner in the Oklahoma City bombing. A planned visit with Roberts and his attorney in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, for September 12, 2001, did not take place due to the 9/11 attacks. Subsequent attempts to arrange an on-the-record interview with Roberts have been unsuccessful.

Saving Strassmeir’s Ass (and the FBI’s)

Two days after the bombing, a joint FBI-ATF team interviewed CI-183. It’s worth quoting the FBI report of this interview at some length, including intentional misspellings:

EC’s [Elohim City] Security Officer is STRASMEYER, an illegal alien from Germany who is a former West German Infantry Officer.

… STRASMEYER has talked frequently about direct action against the U.S. Government.) He is trained in weaponry and has discussed assassinations, bombings and mass shootings…

MEHAUN [Dennis Mahon, a long-time major figure in the national white supremacist movement and one-time FBI informant, currently serving time for a letter bomb in federal prison] has talked with CAROL [CI-183] about targeting federal installations for destruction through bombings, such as the IRS Building , the Tulsa Federal Building and the Oklahoma City Federal Building… [Note: CI-183 later said this text was wrong. Strassmeir the German had mentioned the three specific buildings, not Mahon. This would not be the first time that the FBI has burned a lesser important snitch to protect a more valuable one.

… MEHAUN and STRASMEYER has taken three trips to Oklahoma City in November, 1994, December, 1994, and February, 1995. CAROL only accompanied the group once, in December, 1994…

Note that last paragraph: here is the FBI reporting that Strassmeir and Mahon, his White-Aryan-Resistance buddy, took three reconnaissance trips to Oklahoma City in the months before the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building, a structure which one or both had reportedly spoken about destroying.

Elohim City is only 170 miles from Oklahoma City, so one might think that after the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building, with the above information in FBI files, Strassmeir would be, if not first, at least in the top-most group of the FBI’s list of persons of interest. In fact, reasonable minds might expect that Strassmeir qualified as a full-fledged “suspect.”

But that was not how the FBI saw it. There is compelling evidence the FBI actually aided and abetted Strassmeir’s return to Germany (in January 1996), without his having been even informally questioned, much less officially interviewed.

Subsequent to Strassmeir’s return home, the FBI responded to some press interest by releasing two short, superficial trans-Atlantic telephone interviews with Strassmeir (conducted on April 30 and May 1, 1996). These interviews completely ignored the information in the April 21, 1995, joint FBI/ATF interview of CI-183, and should go down in history as one of the Bureau’s greatest investigative embarrassments.

Alternatively, the Bureau may see it as a great success: for twenty years, its snitch, Strassmeir, along with the Bureau itself, avoided any accountability for his role in an attack that murdered 168 American citizens.

With Strassmeir safely back in Germany, the US Department of State’s Counterterrorism Division issued a “Protective Intelligence Bulletin” making Strassmeir ineligible for a return to the US, in case someone like a congressional committee might want to interview him here.

Tulsa ATF called CI-183 back into snitch service

While agencies of the federal government covered their tracks and protected Strassmeir in the wake of the Oklahoma City bombing, ATF Tulsa obtained approval for the emergency reinstatement of CI-183 as a paid Confidential Informant “in order to aid in the Oklahoma City Bombing investigation… ”

In another document, Tulsa ATF justified its request to the Dallas Field Division for “Advance of Funds,” listing as “Suspect’s Name and Address”:

Elohim City

Robert Millar

Adair Co [County], OK.

In the block, “Explain/Justification” is this handwritten text:

This investigation involves the Bombing of the Murrah Bldg. in Oklahoma City, OK. It is suspected that members of Elohim City are involved either directly or indirectly through conspiracy. It is suspected that suspect #2 [the elusive John Doe 2] may be at the location. Funds will be used for CI-subsistence, expenses travel… “

The Tulsa ATF ROI for May 1995 states CI-183 traveled to Elohim City and stayed there for three days, and after this visit CI-183 was taken again to Oklahoma City for “debriefing” by ATF and FBI agents. (No records have surfaced from either FBI or ATF files of this debriefing.)

CI-183 reported that one Elohim City resident said, “There is a big secret out here,” and that other individuals there “were supportive of the bombing of the building in Oklahoma City.”

ATF Tulsa planned to send CI-183 back to Elohim City “in order to determine what the ‘big secret’ is and to attempt to identify suspect #2,” but this trip was canceled after CI-183 received warnings from an Elohim City resident that CI-183 “had better not go to Elohim City.”

These warnings were reinforced on May 24 when Tulsa ATF RAC David Roberts told CI-183’s handler that, “Robert Millar suspected CI-183 of being a confidential informant.” Most likely, Millar’s suspicion was based on information from his FBI handler in what proved to be a successful effort to head off an ATF investigation of Elohim City and its central role in OKBOMB.

With every anniversary of the Murrah Building bombing, the mainstream media run touching tributes to the victims and their families. But as memories of the tragedy fade, so does the possibility of peeling back the façade of a cover-up that has served to keep some “inconvenient” truths from the American public.


That last paragraph leads us to get off the horse:

"Bill Clinton, others mark 20th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing; Ceremony honors the 168 victims, survivors’ courage" by Tom Hamburger Washington Post  April 20, 2015

WASHINGTON — Former president Bill Clinton, the director of the FBI, and Oklahoma officials joined about 2,000 others in Oklahoma City on Sunday to mark the 20th anniversary of the bombing of a federal building there that killed 168 people.

Standing at the spot where the nine-story Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building was destroyed, Clinton spoke of the legacy of the bombing, the deadliest terrorist act in the United States before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

‘‘When you strip away all the little things that divide us, it is important to remember how tied we are and how much all Americans owe to Oklahoma City,” Clinton said, recalling the courage of families and local officials who chose to rebuild their lives and their city.


‘‘You chose farsighted love over blind hatred,’’ Clinton said, his voice cracking occasionally. ‘‘The whole world needs you now.’’


He and other speakers referred to what they called the ‘‘Oklahoma standard’’ of honor, service, and kindness in the face of such violence.

From a nation waging wars all across the planet, if I may take a moment to note that.

FBI Director James Comey said Oklahoma provided a lesson that New York, Boston, and other cities that have faced terrorist violence have been able to absorb.

‘‘For 20 years, you have sought the good coming out of the darkness,’’ he said.

‘‘You stood with the people of New York. You stood with the people of Boston. You said to them: ‘We know. We understand. But out of darkness will come a ray of light. Out of darkness will come hope.’ That is the Oklahoma standard,’’ Comey said.

Sunday’s service was held at Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum, which is on the site of the destroyed federal building. It began with a 168-second moment of silence to honor the victims.

‘‘This was a place of unspeakable horror and tragedy,’’ said Frank Keating, who was the state’s governor at the time of the blast.

In a statement, President Obama thanked first responders who risked their lives after the bombing, law enforcement and prosecutors who brought the perpetrators to justice, and ordinary men and women in Oklahoma for their resilience.

‘‘If those murderers hoped to terrorize the American people that day, to break our spirits or shatter the bonds that unite us, then they completely and utterly failed,’’ Obama said.

McVeigh agreed.

The explosion, which came from a rental truck packed with explosives and parked outside the building, was so powerful that it destroyed the federal center and damaged more than 300 other buildings in a 16-block radius.

Within days of the bombing, two men — Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols — were in custody, charged with the bombing. Both were Army veterans with strong antigovernment views. Prosecutors said McVeigh had planned the bombing as revenge after a deadly dispute two years earlier between federal authorities and a religious group, the Branch Davidians, in Waco, Texas.

McVeigh was convicted and sentenced to death in 1997. He was executed in 2001. Nichols, his Army buddy, was convicted and is serving multiple life sentences in federal prison.

Five years after the explosion, a memorial was created on the site of the building. A symbolic chair was erected to honor each of the victims, including 19 small chairs in remembrance of the children who died that day.

On Sunday, the chairs, filled with bouquets, provided the background for the ceremonial event. The service ended after about 90 minutes with relatives of the dead reading the names of each person killed.

Dr. Rosslyn Biggs, one of the family members at the service, said she is reminded daily of her mother, one of the people killed.

Biggs has the same job once held by her mother, Dr. Margaret L. Clark, a food safety veterinarian at the US Department of Agriculture. She interacts often with some of the people who worked with her mother.

‘‘I remember her spirit and her dedication,’’ Biggs told the Associated Press as she and other family members gathered around one of the empty chairs adorned with flowers.

After the service, LaDonna Battle and her family were standing between two of the memorial chairs. The chairs were inscribed with the names of her parents, Calvin and Peola Battle, who were arranging to receive Social Security benefits when the bomb detonated.

Don't collect it yourself.

‘‘We’re completing a journey with steel hearts,” the AP quoted LaDonna as saying. “We’re rebuilding our lives.’’

Donna Weaver, whose slain husband, Michael D. Weaver, was an attorney for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, said she has managed to have ‘‘fun memories’’ again after raising two sons who were 16 and 12 when their father died. Each anniversary is tough, though.

‘‘April is not my best month. There’s a cloud, a weight that descends on me,’’ she said.


Looks like the Globe skipped the ceremony.

Modern-day McVeighs:

"Ohio man pleads not guilty to plotting military base attack" Associated Press   April 18, 2015

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A 23-year-old Columbus man pleaded not guilty Friday to charges he traveled to Syria and trained alongside terrorists, then returned to the United States with plans to attack a military base or a prison.

Abdirahman Sheik Mohamud, a US citizen originally from Somalia, wanted to ‘‘kill three or four American soldiers execution style,’’ according to an indictment.

His alleged goal was to attack a military base in Texas and a prison if that didn’t work.

Mohamud traveled to Syria and received terrorism training on weapons, combat, and tactics, Assistant US Attorney Doug Squires said after a brief court hearing

‘‘His intent for the United States was to kill Americans,’’ Squires said. ‘‘That included US military, police, and anyone in uniform.’’

The indictment says Mohamud’s brother, Abdifatah Aden, fought with Jabhat al-Nusrah, a State Department-designated terrorist group, until he was killed in battle in Syria in June 2014.

Mohamud was charged with supporting terrorism and a terrorist group, and making a false statement involving international terrorism. He has no criminal record, has never been violent, and had a mostly normal youth, said his lawyer, Sam Shamansky.

Just an all-American kid, huh? I wonder who his FBI instigator and case handler are.


Word is he has converted to Mormonism.

"$115,000 reward offered in unsolved ’08 Times Square bombing" Associated Press  April 16, 2015

NEW YORK — Several persons of interest have been identified and are being pursued in the unsolved 2008 bombing at the Times Square military recruitment station, federal officials said Wednesday, but authorities are asking the public for help.

No one was injured in the blast, which happened before dawn on March 6, 2008, but someone could have been, FBI and police said. ‘‘Moments before the device detonated, individuals walked by, unaware of the potential danger and imminent explosion,’’ Police Commissioner William Bratton said in a statement.

Looks like another agenda-pushing false flag psyop to me.

Officials said the explosion may be connected to other unsolved early morning bicycle bombings in New York: one at the British Consulate in May 2005 and the other at the Mexican Consulate in October 2007. Peter Tzitzis, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force said officials were making good progress, but would not give any details on any possible leads, citing the ongoing investigation. Officials are offering a $115,000 reward for information leading to the identification and arrest of suspects.

This reeks of the Gardner gambit in an attempt to generate new leads. I love it when the media allows themselves to be used by government.

FBI footage shows the Times Square suspect placing the bomb and riding away on a blue bike later found in a trash bin in a nearby neighborhood.

Any fingerprints?

The device was built using an ammunition can commonly found on battlefields in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials said.



I haven't been to Times Square in a while, but maybe I could collect the reward then grab a taxi out of the city? 

Time for me to take a ride to get a Sunday Globe.



"A closer look at history reveals lessons as to why certain people and events are stuck in our collective memory and others are swept into the dustbin of history. Mankind has gravitated to stories with compelling narratives that speak to larger universal truths, which is why the story of the Titanic is so popular. Myth entered the history books. Events outside of major media centers risk being out of sight, out of mind." 

I mentioned a couple of names, and everybody knows about that guy with the mustache. Ever here of Chief Luthuli? Globe goes into the Paul Revere-William Dawes thing (thus the attachment here, among other reasons) and Bunker Hill -- really Breed's Hill -- while containing a great quote from Faulkner: “The past is never dead.” 

The typecast heroes presented to us in the ma$$ media are war criminal $cum, and while on the topic of historical myths:

"In researching the Bush administration’s manipulation of public perceptions, I came across an interesting summary of the State Department’s Philip Zelikow, who was Executive Director on the 9-11 Commission, that greatest of all charades.

According to Wikipedia:

"Prof. Zelikow’s area of academic expertise is the creation and maintenance of, in his words, 'public myths’ or 'public presumptions’ which he defines as 'beliefs (1)
thought to be true ( although not necessarily known with certainty) and (2) shared in common within the relevant political community.’ In his academic work and elsewhere he has taken a special interest in what he has called 'searing’ or 'molding’ events (that) take on transcendent’ importance and therefore retain their power even as the experiencing generation passes from the scene…. He has noted that 'a history’s narrative power is typically linked to how readers relate to the actions of individuals in the history; if readers cannot make the connection to their own lives, then a history may fail to engage them at all." ("Thinking about Political History" Miller center Report, winter 1999, p 5-7)

Isn’t that the same as saying there is neither history nor truth; that what is really important is the manipulation of epochal events so they serve the interests of society’s managers? Thus, it follows that if the government can create their own "galvanizing events", then they can write history any way they choose.

If that’s the case, then perhaps the
entire war on terror is cut from whole cloth; a garish public relations maneuver devoid of meaning."

Which comes in the form of a newspaper called the Bo$ton Globe.

UPDATE: Nichols to FBI: Give guns to ex-wife