Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tornadoes, Floods, and Fires

Related: Through With Tornado Coverage

I said it and I meant it. This blog is about what my newspaper is telling me about you, dear readers, not about what the Globe is telling you about me.  I will do that myself. 

The steeple may be gone, but this church is unbroken

During the first Sunday service at the First Church of Monson since three tornadoes ravaged central and western Massachusetts, worshipers including volunteers and veteran congregation members packed the nave to hear a message of hope and community.
Tornado is shock, setback for refugees in Springfield 

And the unseen costs of wars continue to mount. 


Trooper rescues puppy trapped in the storm debris

Sort of makes all the self-serving tyranny worth it, doesn't it?

In Springfield, twisters struck city on the mend 

Officials assess tornado damage

Those are the final twists, dear readers.

"Six hundred residents in southwest Iowa were ordered yesterday to evacuate their homes after the Missouri River breached a levee across the border in Missouri....

--more--"

Related: Levee bolstered for swollen Missouri River

"Stiff winds whipped up a gigantic blaze in the mountains of eastern Arizona yesterday, forcing the evacuation of a third resort town and casting a smoky haze over states as far away as Iowa....

I think it has even got in front of my newspaper.

--more--"   

And NEVER YOU MIND all that FIRE and FLOOD PREVENTION MONEY shoveled into WARS, America!!