Saturday, September 13, 2014

Slow Saturday Special: Ford is Finished

So am I for the evening.

"Toronto Mayor Rob Ford drops bid for reelection" Associated Press   September 13, 2014

TORONTO — Mayor Rob Ford of Toronto withdrew his reelection bid Friday as he seeks treatment for a tumor in his abdomen, ending a campaign he had pursued despite a stint in rehab and persistent calls for him to quit amid drug and alcohol scandals.

His brother submitted papers to run in his place.

Rob Ford will instead seek a seat on the City Council, after a nephew withdrew his candidacy. ‘‘My heart is heavy when I tell you that I’m unable to continue my campaign for reelection as your mayor,’’ Ford said in a statement. ‘‘I have asked Doug to run . . . because we need him. We cannot go backwards.’’

The scum never showed any regret.

Doug Ford, a city councilor who had been the conservative mayor’s campaign manager, will face two other major candidates in the Oct. 27 election.

Rob Ford’s decision came two days after he was hospitalized and the tumor was discovered. Biopsy results won’t be back for a week and a definitive diagnosis is pending.

The international spotlight first fell on Ford in May 2013, when the Toronto Star and the US website Gawker reported the existence of a video apparently showing the mayor inhaling from a crack pipe.

--more--"

I suppose I could spend time finding some links, but it's late. You can go do it.