Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wailing Away at Wal-Mart

Nothing like starting with a Saturday morning smile.

I can't believe it. I was headed over there today to buy one before the
new sales tax kicks in. Ain't that the damndest thing (I drawl in my best can't-get-there-from-h're New Inglahndese)? I guess it's a small world after all, Globe.

"Man accused of smashing 16 TVs in store

Police say a Pittsfield man "having a bad day" walked into a city Wal-Mart and used an aluminum baseball bat to smash 16 flat-screen televisions worth $13,000.

Home run, buddy!!!! Give one a ride for me, will ya?

:-)


The Berkshire Eagle reported that Nicholas Adornetto, 26, walked into the store at about 1 p.m. Thursday, grabbed a bat in the sporting goods section, and walked to the electronics department, where he started swinging. Adornetto expressed anger at the government and complained of being unemployed.

Hey, don't give us all a bad name, fella!


Detective Sergeant Marc Strout said when police arrived, Adornetto was "peaceful, calm, and cooperative."

It's known as venting.


Adornetto was arraigned yesterday in Central Berkshire District Court on 16 counts of vandalizing property and one count of disorderly conduct. Bail was set at $500 and the case continued until May 11 (AP)."

Why the disorderly charge? He cooperated!!!

I will be back later, readers and followers (every time I log on there are more prognosticators logging their opinions in my poll! Thank you!); however, the rule here is basketball before blogging.

No, not watching the rancid play that passes for professional ball, I mean my own game. I got a morning date on the ball court that I look forward to more than anything in the world -- for mental and spiritual health more than the physical.

Update: Not like you really care but I struggled today on the ball court. Played okay in spots and team split but we literally threw the other two games away. Left me kind of irritated and ticked off. I'm an intense person, doing something I love (or it's not worth doing) and I know I shouldn't let the performance get under my skin -- but it does.