Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Globe Special: Zipping Up Zimmerman's Coffin

"Helaine Zimmerman, 75; social worker helped youths" by Kathleen McKenna  |  Globe Correspondent, April 14, 2013

Helaine Zimmerman, a longtime social worker who also influenced Boston’s LGBT communities both personally and professionally, died of melanoma March 6 in her Mashpee home. She was 75.

She worked for a state agency before 1983....

Ms. Zimmerman’s nephew, David Zimmerman, founding publisher of Boston Spirit magazine, said his aunt “was an out lesbian for her entire adult life. She was not one to hide in a closet.”

He said she introduced him to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities “at a very young age. I grew up spending time with my aunt and many of her friends.”

***********

Peter Accardi, a former editor at the Globe, credited Ms. Zimmerman with helping him come out as a gay man in the early 1970s. Their 40-year friendship began when Accardi moved into the building where Ms. Zimmerman lived....

Jewish heritage....

A lifelong Red Sox fan and faithful theatergoer....

Her wife, Thalia Verros, said,  “She said she had only one regret: that she wouldn’t live to see Hillary Clinton become president.”

Let's hope none of us ever see that in our lifetimes.

--more--" 

I don't want anyone to die, readers; however, I'm tired of the selective focus in the obituary page of my newspaper, although I suppose I shouldn't be. It's being written for them, not for me and you, because those are the only people left reading them. 

The other thing is everyone knows the gay agenda is a Jewish agenda. It became clear to me when I saw this.