Thursday, March 6, 2014

Basketball Before Blogging

It's one reason I'm not getting as much done as I would like; however, I can not help but offer my most deepest thanks for all you readers who have apparently been very happy with what I've posted lately. I already alerted you in another fashion as to what is happening with me this week, and I was stunned to see the amount of hits on my blog yesterday. Thank you!

In the past I've let you know that this is my vacation and decompression time. It's the one week of the year where I somewhat disconnect from the propaganda pre$$, and I just wanted you to know why today may be a light day of posts.

It was a long night last night. One game went to overtime and that set things way back. I didn't get out of there until 11 p.m., nearly an hour later than expected. That's why I'm was woke up late this morning and already way behind on my day. Anyhow, the first game was very competitive and entertaining, as was the third game. There were outstanding performances all around with each team showing tremendous determination and effort. The night ended in heartbreak for a home county team, but it was still a great ball game all the way to the end. That's two nights in a row the final game came down to the final seconds.

The semi-final rounds end tonight with two games, and my butt will be anything but round after the next three days. Two championship finals on Friday, and a six-game marathon on Saturday (my big blog day, but not this week) will flatten out my already sore backside. Unfortunately, it will also flatten out the blog posts for a while, although maybe not the hits.

Once again, thank you, dear readers. You have inspired me much like the boys and girls I am watching compete on the court.

UPDATE (3/6): Once again the girls game was far more entertaining then the boys game, mostly because there are more points being scored. Seemed like a quick night with only two games on tap, tinged with a bit of sadness realizing the tournament is once again nearing an end with only two days and championship games left.