Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Muslims Make Synagogue Service

"Muslims tend to have a better understanding of Jewish traditions than Jews do of Muslim ones

I didn't say it; a Jewish person did and it was even reported by the Globe:

"Project aims to build better relations for Muslims, Jews" by Lisa Wangsness, Globe Staff / November 6, 2010

Now in its third year, the “Weekend of Twinning’’ will bring together 100 pairs of synagogues, mosques, and student groups in North America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. This year’s event comes near the end of a year fraught with tension between Muslims and Jews in Boston and across the world over such issues as the proposed Islamic center near ground zero in New York, the recent interception in Britain and Dubai of explosive-laden packages addressed to Chicago synagogues; and, locally, ongoing controversy surrounding the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center in Roxbury....  

Related: MSM Monitor: 9/11: Mosques and Memories

British Complaint Has Cause and Effect

Hearing the Call of the Minaret

I do, and it makes me sad. 

You see who won't listen and is the one stirring up bad feelings?

Some Jews do (God bless them):

David Lobron, a member of Congregation Dorshei Tzedek, a synagogue in West Newton who is helping to organize the event, said he has noticed that Muslims tend to have a better understanding of Jewish traditions than Jews do of Muslim ones. “Probably most Jewish people have not visited a mosque before,’’ he said. “The Muslims I’ve talked to, a lot of them have been to bar mitzvahs and things like that.’’  

To bomb it, right?

--more--"  

I'm sorry my country is so unwelcoming to you, Muslims -- and that it has engaged in (and continues to engage in) mass-murdering war crimes based on lies.  

I don't know what to do to stop it. Running out in the street and hollering at my fellow citizens won't work, and an hour on a Saturday before "see you next Saturday" doesn't get it done anymore. I feel the best I can do is get on here as a citizen from the offending nation and scream bloody murder at the leadership. None of it was done with my approval, and no one ever listened even after it was proven I told the truth on Iraq.  Now it is considered "bad form" to bring it up.

I haven't been in a mosque because there are none in the area of which I am aware. We have churches and temples out here, and I think a mosque would fit in just fine. 

The call to prayer sounds soothing to me even if I don't go to worship (I'd have to go to Mass, ugh!), and I wouldn't mind a tour some day.