Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Globe Special: Chafing at Rhode Island Coverage

It leads the Metro section today, so....

R.I. governor-elect to review immigration order

 R.I. governor ends order enforcing immigration law

New push for gay marriage in R.I.

Hope you voters got what you wanted.  

Also see: Ex-R.I. state senator pleads guilty to fraud

R.I. slot parlor out of bankruptcy protection

Navy readies site for drone development

"Teenage couple arrested in bank robbery

Police say an attempted bank robbery in Pawtucket by a teen couple quickly went bad, and both suspects were arrested. A 15-year-old Woonsocket girl and her 18-year-old boyfriend, Logan Napolitano of North Providence, wore homemade masks into a Bank Rhode Island branch and said they had a bomb, police said, but the money they allegedly took had dye packs that exploded in their getaway car, staining their skin and clothes. A witness got a license plate number, and police say they used it to find Napolitano’s home and the girl’s cellphone number. Police say most of the money was recovered, though some was allegedly used to buy drugs (Boston Globe October 24 2010).

R.I. pair are accused of ID theft, bank fraud

14 teachers get unsatisfactory evaluations

Bonuses for city workers could hit $6m

Case may alter R.I. system of work-release

Young man in car shot, killed at red light 

21-year-old killed in dirt bike accident 

Four-hour standoff in SUV ends in arrest 

Driver loses license for 5 years after crash

Transit chief registered his cars in Del. 

Brown professors to rally for immigrants

College interns helping with police work

Woman found slain in home on holiday 

Shoplifting suspect falls 25 feet at mall

Talks stall on sale of R.I. hospital

Pump failure kills 30,000 hatchery trout 

Group gets grant to clean waterways

2 flood-damaged spans in line for repairs

R.I. likely to miss Cup deadline

Remains of hero’s ship, wrecked off R.I. in 1811, said to be found

The Boston Globe just lost me.