Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Giving Today's Globe the Boot

In much the way I spit the bit Sunday, I find myself feeling the same way today.

On the front page (after Syria), I see the police sweeps didn't really do anything despite the public relations announcement earlier.

I'm told there is another pharmaceutical that is causing problems, one I seem to remember writing about before, but you know, the need$ of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

A small form of gridlock has gummed-up the works of the fascist(?) liberal(?) Democratic state, although one wonders what that is all about.

I could care less who wins the mayoral race in Boston, and it has nothing to do with sex or race.

Upon turning in I run smack into the national lead on page A2, to continue the race and gender theme. he's had his 15 minutes, and the authorities kill more young black kids in one day than that guy, so you will excuse me if I discard the rest, although I did notice Detroit's bankruptcy is no longer much of an issue. I guess SWAT teams are standard response accessories in AmeriKa when the cops are called. I also see there are elections in Colorado and New York, and I did read those articles and mark them with my red and blue pens.

Page A3 brings the world to me, at least as seen by Boston Globe editors. A 52-year-old assassination leads the way, and it validates worldwide NSA spying as well as addressing a "glut of conspiracy theories." What an interesting choice on the eve of the greatest false flag ever?

Of course, American self-centered self-absorption with that event is akin to the Holocaust™ and Jews because there was another September 11 long before 2001, and there is no doubt of AmeriKan involvement. The article even implies it was a good thing for the economy as it covers up the assassination of Allende! This is really gross agenda-pu$hing, folks, and I hope you can understand why I'm not reading most of it.

As for the rest of the articles in that section, I plan on bringing them to you at some point in the future. What I will not be able to bring you is the two photographs of a bus crash that killed 43 in Guatemala.

That gets us to the op/ed page and this:

"UMass football fans can help program by showing up" September 10, 2013

.... Before the start of the season, the National Collegiate Athletic Association formally designated UMass a bowl-eligible school, but with an asterisk: The team must draw more fans. Right now, any thoughts of a bowl game are premature. The team went a dismal 1-11 last season and is 0-2 so far this year, including a dispiriting loss at Gillette on Saturday to the University of Maine. Of more urgent concern is the team’s failure to draw more fans. After averaging 13,008 spectators per game in 2011 in Amherst, average attendance last season at Gillette dropped to 10,902. That’s not entirely surprising, given that fewer students are likely to make the drive to Foxborough, but it prompted the NCAA to approve UMass’s promotion with a warning. It must average 15,000 fans a game this season. If it doesn’t, it will enter a 10-year probationary period. 

Who wants to drive over there to watch crappy college football?

Related: UMass Melee

Looks like UMass has bigger problems.

And the football coach was paid how much?

It’s a challenge that fans should accept. If they don’t, the football team probably won’t retain the support of the broader university community to wait out a 10-year NCAA probation. Already, grumbling is rising among faculty about how the eventual $9 million-per-year investment — $7.1 million last year — could be better spent on academic matters. Further complicating the discussion is research connecting football to serious brain injuries among players — a concern that the whole sport must address even as individual college football programs press forward. 

Related: Boston Globe Blow to the Head

I think football should be banned, but that would really anger Amurkns. Almost more than starting another Middle East war based on Israeli lies.

On Saturday, for the first home game of the season, UMass barely exceeded the NCAA target, drawing a reported 15,624 fans. The hill will only get steeper as the season goes on, especially if the team continues to underperform. But the UMass Minutemen carry the state’s name in to battle, and this is a challenge that football-loving students, alumni, and other fans in Massachusetts should embrace.

Just as you should embrace this latest war for Israel!

--more--"

The Boston Globe cheerleading gets us back to the beginning because I see nothing in either the Metro or Bu$ine$$ sections that I want to spend time reading (except the buried Barclay's fraud), I'm sorry.

I'm kicking today's Globe into the recycling bag!