Monday, March 9, 2015

Basketball on the Brain

That's where mine has been the last few days, be it playing or watching, and I have simply gotten further and further behind here as the world speeds by. While causing a small bit of anxiety because I feel I'm missing it, I then thought to myself "What's the big worry?"  The fact is I will be doing this the rest of my life so what's the rush?

I didn't always feel that way. When I began doing this more than eight long years ago, I never thought it would be a permanent gig. I thought we would get some Democrats elected, the Bush wars would be brought to an end, and then so would this blogging experience. How idiotically naive I was, in so many ways.

Had a great time at the tournament games, and even more fun finally playing again yesterday. High school kids gave me great inspiration, and I will be playing again this evening even though sore (that's why I didn't blog yesterday after taking Saturday off). Not only that, but while playing yesterday I overheard (hard not to) one of the brothers I play with (both literal and culturally figurative because they are black guys) giving it to one of the others about WTC 7 as we matched up before the game started. My ears instantly perked up. The loud guy was razzing him, but I was like one of those guys knows what is going on. He heard about and found out where to start to unravel the 9/11 puzzle to get beyond the government lie. I was so excited! He knows!

Anyway, my game was okay and I had some good, bad, and ugly moments (as usual). The brothers like my old white man's game and like me on their team because I will always look for them to shoot, something they willingly oblige. What I will be doing over the next several weeks is working in what Boston Globe garbage I can while trying to catch up.

The sad thing is I haven't checked any blogs, but yet again, what's the big worry? They are on the case when I'm off, and truthfully, the longer I don't blog the less I feel the need (if that is what it is). Been saying the same things for years and years and years, and while the agenda moves forward I'm simply repeating myself over and over.

It's not that I don't care about the world and the important things in it affecting us all, I very much do; however, the time has come to also take care of many personal matters I have been neglecting as well as taking a much-needed respite from this. Sorry if that disappoints you, readers, but thank you to those who understand.