Only now official. They have been at war with him for over three years, ever since he announced he would seek the Republican nomination for president.
"Newspaper calls for war of words against Trump media attacks" by Bob Salsberg Associated Press August 10, 2018
He mu$t be good for $ales!
Thanks for taking the overheated rhetoric up another notch, Globe.
The Boston Globe’s editorial page is proposing a coordinated editorial response from publications across the United States to President Trump’s frequent attacks on the news media.
‘‘We are not the enemy of the people,’’ said Marjorie Pritchard, a deputy managing editor of the Globe, referring to a characterization of journalists that Trump has used in the past. The president, who contends he has largely been covered unfairly by the press, also employs the term ‘‘fake news’’ often when describing the media.
Not exactly a friend, either, and I stand by what I said at the end of Tuesday.
Then there is the recent addition to the New York Times editorial board shows they are not even trying to hide their hate anymore, they are excusing it,
and it makes my frustrated rages look mild in comparison. Then there is the arrogant Jim Acosta and his beat down by Sarah Sanders. I don't know what you saw, but what I saw was a man bullying a woman. That's all. And they ARE the
enemy of the people (unless you think lying
us into wars by blaring bull$h*t from the front pages was good for
you). The 54th anniversary of the Gulf of Tonkin is a reminder of the media's fabrications to get wars going. Somehow, the Globe missed that but it did note that in 1990, Iraq invaded Kuwait -- when we were treated to another whopper, that of babies being thrown out of incubators onto the cold, hard floor -- and we all know what happened in 2003 with WMD.
The Globe has reached out to editorial boards nationwide to write and publish editorials on Aug. 16 denouncing what the newspaper called a ‘‘dirty war against the free press.’’
Maybe I won't buy one that day.
As of Friday, Pritchard, who oversees the Globe’s editorial page, said about 70 outlets had committed to editorials so far, with the list expected to grow. The publications ranged from large metropolitan dailies, such as the Houston Chronicle, Minneapolis Star Tribune, Miami Herald, and Denver Post, to small weekly papers with circulations as low as 4,000.
The newspaper’s request was being promoted by industry groups such as the American Society of News Editors and regional groups like the New England Newspaper and Press Association. It suggested editorial boards take a common stand against Trump’s words regardless of their politics, or whether they generally editorialized in support of or in opposition to the president’s policies.
‘‘Our words will differ. But at least we can agree that such attacks are alarming,’’ the appeal said, acknowledging that newspapers were likely to take different approaches.
Unlike what happened when it was Sinclair, which is why they backed out.
Pritchard said the decision to seek the coordinated response from newspapers was reached after Trump appeared to step up his rhetoric in recent weeks.
Or last week, anyway.
Pritchard said she hoped the editorials would make an impression on Americans.
Oh, they will. Whatever they advise, take the opposite position.
‘‘I hope it would educate readers to realize that an attack on the First Amendment is unacceptable,’’ she said. ‘‘We are a free and independent press, it is one of the most sacred principles enshrined in the Constitution.’’
Go tell it to Alex Jones.
Yeah, they want to "educate" us.
Maybe all the war propaganda lo these many years was a bad idea.
Beyond that is their arrogant and sanctimonious self-righteousness about a free pre$$. What I'm doing is free press, and it costs me money, never mind that their version of a free pre$$ is agenda-pushing Jewish supremacism with elitist insults and lies.
I'll bet you Hilary Sargent could tell you some stories.
Have you ever been in their pressroom?
Just let 'em get a photograph:
"Owner of Martha’s Vineyard restaurant defends Bill Murray in spat with photographer" by Travis Andersen Globe Staff August 10, 2018
The owner of a Martha’s Vineyard restaurant that was the scene of a dust-up between actor Bill Murray and a photographer said Friday that Murray never touched the other man, who had annoyed the entertainer when he showed up unannounced to snap pictures of him.
Well, we all know who the Globe stands with, right?
The account from Katherine Domitrovich, owner of Lola’s in Oak Bluffs, was starkly different from statements that acclaimed music photographer Peter Simon gave previously to police and the Globe.
Domitrovich said she was in the kitchen at Lola’s during the encounter Wednesday night but was told by customers that Simon began photographing Murray and didn’t comply with the actor’s request to stop.
So eventually, Domitrovich said, Murray tossed a glass of water at Simon, but he never got physical as Simon claims.
Anybody iphone it?
“Nothing went on, other than a glass of water,” Domitrovich said. “Peter is taking this to a whole different dimension because he wants the PR. I don’t care about PR. That’s why I don’t want photographers in my place.”
Peter Simon, who is singer Carly Simon’s brother, said he was taking pictures for The Martha’s Vineyard Times when he was grabbed from behind.
Meanwhile Simon, the 71-year-old brother of singer Carly Simon, told the Globe Friday he plans to decide in the next couple of days whether to file any criminal charges.
“I’ve got to talk to a few lawyers and figure if it’s worth it, and so forth and so on,” Simon said. “I think [Murray] has to suffer some sort of consequence for what he did.”
No he doesn't. He is celebrity.
Simon said Domitrovich lied when she told police that he went to the restaurant specifically to photograph Murray.
“I didn’t even know he was going to be there,” Simon said, adding that he thought Domitrovich was trying to protect a celebrity customer by giving a false account. “It’s probably a feather in her cap, to have this guy come [to Lola’s]. . . . I would like her to apologize. I knew my intentions were good.”
Simon said he also wants an apology from Murray and wouldn’t even be considering pressing charges if the actor offered one.
Attempts to reach Murray for comment haven’t been successful. He hasn’t responded publicly to Simon’s allegations.
Simon told police he was on assignment taking pictures for The Martha’s Vineyard Times at Lola’s when Murray accosted him, according to an incident report obtained by the Globe.
Jamie Kageleiry, associate publisher for the Vineyard Times, confirmed Thursday night that Simon’s assignment was to photograph the band and people enjoying the music, but on Friday, Domitrovich scoffed at the notion that Simon didn’t expect Murray to be on hand. She said it’s well-known that Murray comes to Lola’s every Wednesday night during the summer to hear live music.
Simon, she said, never requested permission to take photos inside Lola’s before he arrived, and she wouldn’t have allowed it if he had asked.
“I have very high-profile clientele, and I respect their space,” Domitrovich said. “I don’t want photographers in there.”
It's no Red Hen, that's for sure.
Before the incident with Simon, Domitrovich said, Murray posed for pictures with her staff in the kitchen after enjoying a meal with friends.
“He’s a very nice, civil person,” she said of Murray.
After #MeToo, I think all celebrity are scum, same as their work product, and I used to like Murray.
Simon’s wife, Ronni Simon, has a different impression of the A-list star.
Writing on Facebook, she said her husband “did not escalate the situation, but rather gave [Murray] a peace sign and retreated. Some time later Peter was seated at a table and Bill Murray walked up to him and proceeded to pour water on him and his camera. . . . I sincerely hope Bill Murray and Lola’s give Peter the apology he deserves.”
The Cape and Islands district attorney’s office referred questions Friday to Oak Bluffs police, who couldn’t be reached for comment.
Ask me if I care.
The police report said a sergeant responding to the scene advised Simon that “he could take out a criminal complaint for assault and battery at the Edgartown District Court.”
Simon, according to the report, told police he was uninjured and thought a disorderly conduct charge was more appropriate.
Asked Friday if he would consider civil litigation in lieu of criminal charges, Simon said, “I could. I just don’t know where I stand. I haven’t talked to a lawyer yet, and I don’t know what my options are. I’m kind of naive on this sort of thing.”
Domitrovich, for her part, doesn’t think anyone’s civilly liable for wrongdoing.
“I was very upset about the incident,” she said. “There’s no lawsuit. This is totally frivolous, what he’s trying to do.”
Sorry, I've got to catch a ferry back to the island so I can get in a golf game.
He really does have a good eye.
Emails: Boston Globe Coordinated How To Maximize Hillary’s ‘Presence’
Yeah, that's who is Marjorie Pritchard, a free, independent journalist who coordinates her publications with a political campaign to achieve a partisan, political effect (h/t).
She has now called out the militia.