Friday, January 9, 2015

Snow For Breakfast

And why not

It's piling up quick, too, something not forecast from what I saw!

Nevertheless, I was out early enough to get a coffee and Globe.

"It is when you remember you need better gloves. It is when the act of going down to warm up the car feels like an accomplishment to be recognized, and you assume the dog understands that this has to be quick. It is when you wonder again why you live in this climate. It is The First Real Cold Snap of the Season, a savage event on the New England calendar, and the 2015 model that just ran through here was no amateur.

I suppose it is if you ignore the November snowfall and some other record-setting days of cold, but whatever. I'm so tired of typing about it when it's blowing right in my face as soon as I walk out the door. The Globe deemed it so with a capital letters title so..... what if you never forget?

Minus signs were splattered everywhere on the map Wednesday into Thursday, not wind-chill minuses....

At that point I wrote an expletive phrase in the margin of my printed paper (while noting the crash caused by a snow squall). 

After an arctic front swept the state, temperatures on Wednesday night plummeted to minus 1 in Boston, with a wind chill of minus 20 degrees, though the weather began to warm up once the sun began to rise. Officials warned in advance that there would be delays."

Under new management, same old problems; however, I think you do need to give them more than a year to find solutions.

Anatomy of a winter cyclist

I'd check the head first. You can go along for the ride. Maybe you can stop at the bank that loves you (and wants to keep those record profits coming) before it is too late!

UPDATE: All JetBlue flights have been cancelled