Thursday, March 17, 2016

Globe Glass of Milk

Gone sour....

"Lawmakers loosen raw milk rules, then get sick after drinking some" Associated Press  March 09, 2016

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Some West Virginia lawmakers and Capitol staffers had a very bad weekend after drinking raw milk to celebrate a law loosening restrictions on the product. Now state health officials are investigating whether the milk was to blame for their fever, vomiting and diarrhea, and weighing allegations the raw-milk party broke the law.

Maybe it was poisoned. 

Who benefits?

Beyond that, the $cum got what they deserved, no?

So far, state and county health officials say they haven’t received medical reports of illnesses related to the dangerous bacteria that can live in raw milk, which include Campylobacter, Listeria, Salmonella and E. Coli. The lawmaker involved, Del. Scott Cadle, who also stayed home sick on Monday, blames his and other illnesses on an unrelated stomach virus circulating the Capitol.

Yeah, there are all sorts of sicknesses popping up all over the place right now -- almost as if there were a slow biological genocide happening right in front of our faces -- as city health officials indefinitely extend a vaccination campaign.

Maybe it's in the beer?

‘‘Everybody up there is getting it,’’ said Cadle, a Mason County Republican. ‘‘It’s a stomach virus. It didn’t have nothing to do with that milk.’’

Some lawmakers were already sick before Thursday and did not drink the milk, including House Speaker Tim Armstead, R-Kanawha, House spokesman Jared Hunt noted.

That will be explained shortly.

Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin signed a bill last Thursday that will let people share milk-producing animals and drink raw milk if people sign a document acknowledging the health risks, and if the animals have passed health tests within the previous year. The law, which takes effect in late May, maintains selling and distribution bans. Selling or even offering raw milk is illegal and still will be, subject to fines of $50 to $500, unless the new requirements are met. 

That is where the print story ended, and it's another money-grab by government while defending big dairy!

Tomblin, a Democrat, vetoed a similar bill last year, saying raw milk contains bacteria particularly dangerous for children, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems. Asked Wednesday why he changed his mind this time, the governor said ‘‘I think the one this year gave a little bit more oversight to our state Department of Health and Human Resources.’’ 

There they go waving their concern for women and children in front of you while the water is filled with lead, the air, seas, and soil are polluted with all sorts of things, and wars based on lies are waged overseas causing mass displacement and death of women and children. 

Therefore, forgive me if I don't gulp down every agenda-pushing glass of pre$$ diarrhea put before me.

‘‘I still have concerns,’’ Tomblin added. ‘‘When you listen to the health experts, there are people who do become ill sometimes because of tainted raw milk that has not been pasteurized. I would just caution anybody that you should know the source of your milk, that it’s safe and clean before you drink it.’’

Cadle said he brought in raw milk last week to share with friends after the governor signed the bill into law. He wouldn’t say where he got it.

‘‘I might have been breaking the law,’’ Cadle told the Charleston Gazette-Mail. ‘‘Hell, I don’t know. I gave it away.’’

State health officials got involved after someone filed a complaint Tuesday alleging that the distribution of raw milk in the halls of the Capitol violated the law, and could have been to blame for illnesses over the weekend. Officials don’t release the names of people who file complaints.

It’s not clear how many people got sick, or whether any of them were tested by doctors, who are required by law to report confirmed cases to the state health department.

State Health Officer Dr. Rahul Gupta said his department investigates about 200 possible outbreaks of all kinds of illnesses every year, so this one isn’t unusual, nor is it confirmed.

‘‘It’s important to note that a lot of the information out there is alleged,’’ Gupta said. ‘‘It’s important to conduct an investigation to figure out exactly the facts.’’

And I know one place where I won't be finding those!


Speak of the damn devil!

Sorry for spilling all that on you.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm not feeling too good.....

"9 Seattle firefighters hurt in natural gas explosion" AP  March 09, 2016

SEATTLE — An explosion rocked a Seattle neighborhood early Wednesday, injuring nine firefighters, forcing evacuations and heavily damaging buildings, officials said.

The blast occurred in the city’s Greenwood section after fire crews responded to reports of a natural gas leak, Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Corey Orvold said.

About 40 minutes after they arrived, an explosion rocked the area, she said.

"Shop owners on Wednesday inspected walls that were ripped to shreds by an early morning natural gas explosion in Seattle and marveled that the blast had caused no serious injuries.

Crews were responding to reports of a gas leak when the explosion occurred about 1:40 a.m. along a main thoroughfare in a neighborhood north of downtown.

"The most important thing is that no one died and this happened at two in the morning and not two in the afternoon," said Chris Maykut, owner of Chaco Canyon Organic Café."

That's a switch!

Photos posted on the department’s Twitter feed showed firefighters gazing at the rubble of one building, another partial building collapse, windows shattered in surrounding structures, including plate-glass windows of area businesses, and debris tangled in trees and scattered over a large area.

Eight fire crew members and battalion chief were rushed to a hospital with minor injuries.

"The cause of the explosion that damaged 36 businesses was under investigation. Video surveillance from the Olive and Grape Mediterranean Restaurant showed a bright flash at 1:43 a.m. and then the room shook as debris fell from the ceiling."

Harborview Medical Center spokeswoman Susan Gregg said all of the firefighters were treated for injuries ranging from burns to abrasions and most will probably be soon released.

Orvold said an undetermined number of residents of an apartment building and another nearby residential structure were evacuated via buses brought in to help out.

There is no word of any other injuries or anyone missing. But Orvold said dogs were being used to go through the rubble just in case.

At least one and possibly two buildings were heavily damaged in the 1:45 a.m. PST explosion, while several others in the area have shattered windows and other problems.

A man who lives close to the blast site told KOMO-TV that the blast shook him out of bed.

‘‘Thought it was an earthquake; way too loud to be a gunshot. So I got out of bed, checked on the family, and my family’s good. So I went outside and saw smoke,’’ Josh Coolbaugh said.

He said he called business owners in the area he knows to wake them up and tell them what happened.

The Fire Department said nearly 70 fire personnel were on the scene at Greenwood Avenue and North 85th Street. They include firefighters, commanders and medics.


There was a big fire here a while ago.

"1 year in jail for dad of boy, 5, found dead in septic tank" Associated Press  March 09, 2016

PULASKI, Va. — A Virginia man whose 5-year-old son who was found dead in a septic tank has been sentenced to a year and three months in jail for child abuse and neglect.

Media outlets report that 32-year-old Paul Thomas entered an Alford plea on two counts Wednesday in Pulaski County Circuit Court. In an Alford plea, a defendant does not admit guilt but acknowledges sufficient evidence for a conviction.

Noah Thomas and his infant sister were left alone while their mother, 31-year-old Ashley White, drove their father to work last March. White says Noah disappeared after she returned home and took a nap. The boy’s body was found four days later in a septic tank near his Dublin home.

White was convicted last month of three counts of abuse and neglect. She will be sentenced May 16.


That's all that was in the bowl after that?

Sorry I never got back to you yesterday.