Thursday, March 10, 2016

Happy Thursday

It will be for me because I will soon be shutting down this blog to enjoy a day of basketball:

"3 seniors charged with assaulting freshman on ‘No Gay Thursday’" Associated Press  March 05, 2016

Three senior football players at a suburban Philadelphia high school have been charged with assaulting a freshman with a broom handle on what the team called ‘‘No Gay Thursday,’’ a prosecutor announced Friday.

Three 17-year-old students at Conestoga High School held down a 14-year-old boy on Oct. 15 and penetrated him with the broom handle while he screamed, Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said.

Well, that takes away from the feeling a bit.

I must say that such a thing is beyond my comprehension regardless of where you stand on issue. Sadistic torture has no place my world. 

The sad thing is, this is not a surprising action when you consider tacit government approval of such things and the ma$$ media glorification of it in shows (it's baaaaack) and movies

Isn't even about sex; it's about the exercise of raw power and place in the hierarchy of $ociety.

After the charges were announced, longtime head football coach John Vogan was suspended from all coaching duties pending the outcome of an investigation by the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District....

The school investigation will determine what happened.

--more--"

Also see: Hundreds attend gay wedding expo in Utah

Another reason I'm happy -- and this always happens -- is because I have hardly read any Globes the last three days, nor have I taken in any ma$$ media. Didn't even know Trump won Michigan and Mississippi the other until I saw the Globe''s front page the next day. What I have noticed over the years is that my mood, attitude, and outlook distinctly improve when I get my head out of the Globe. 

The sad part is I haven't seen much of the blogs, so I don't really know what is going on out there. Scanning a few headlines in the Bo$ton Globe tells you nothing.

Have a good one, readers. I know I will, and I'm going to savor and enjoy every moment.

NDUs:

Missouri Senate approves bill protecting opponents of same-sex marriage