Sunday, May 3, 2009

Black Sunday

I call it that because this will be my final purchase of the Boston Sunday Globe. Price rises to $4 next week and it is simply not worth it anymore.

Apu at the corner store reminded me about the increase and I said yeah, I knew about it. When I left I said,"see you next week, well, maybe not." Why lie to him? There are enough lies in the paper.

For instance:

(This is a graph and item I could not find on the web site, but which appeared in my printed paper)

"April 2009: Warmer and Drier

Please see:
Sunday Globe Cheek Sneak

There were two days of record-breaking high temperatures in April....

So that skewed the whole month, huh?


Another statistic reflecting the warmth of this April is seen in its heating degree days.

(?)


This year they totaled 462, which was 41 below average while last year they were 429, 50 above normal...

First of all, the math doesn't make sense to me.

This is just some bulls*** the fart-misters can shovel so you can't argue with them, huh?


Average high (April 2009): 59.1
Average high (norm): 56.1

That doesn't sound right to me, considering the chilly April we had.


Average low (2009): 41.9
Average low (norm): 40.5

I dunno.


Month average (2009): 50.5
Month average (norm): 48.3

I'm sorry, I'm just not believing them. I should keep my own records. I checked the thermometer a lot this winter and spring, and it was generally colder than what government or media were telling me!

Month low (2009): 34

2009 average for year: 36.4
Normal average for year: 37.0

Oh, it is COLDER than NORMAL in 2009, huh?

Sigh. LYING about the WEATHER never helps, MSM!!!

I LIVE HERE and ARE THEY EVER LYING!

I can only offer you anecdotal evidence, readers, but it is
there.

The icing on the cake was this
:

"Bureau of Jewish Education facing closure as benefactor cuts back

Combined Jewish Philanthropies
, facing financial concerns as well as looking to streamline programs, this week decided to end its funding for the Bureau of Jewish Education, knowing the decision will likely mean the closing of the organization, which helps provide training, research, and curriculum development for Jewish educators.

I am really, really, really sick of their whining -- and that's why it will be good to finally cut the globe loose!


CJP provides most of the organization's funding - $1.2 million of the bureau's $1.4 million budget - and says most of the funding will now instead be used to directly support educational programs in synagogues and schools.

The decision comes at a time when there is a lot of talk about consolidating Jewish community organizations, and when many Jewish federations are trimming spending because of the impacts of the recession and the Bernard Madoff scandal on resources.

Hey, he's one of yours and you can go see Mossad if you want the $$$$ back.

"The community needs a more streamlined structure that reduces overhead, improves quality of service, and accelerates new ways of delivering Jewish education," CJP president Barry Shrage wrote in a letter Thursday:

"Making challenging decisions like this are never easy, yet it is because of our very commitment to Jewish education that we have undertaken it at this time. We are confident that this new approach will best serve the educational needs of our community," he wrote.

--more--"

Ever notice if it is any other group wanting to maintain its racist ideology and identity it comes in for heavy criticism from the AmeriKan jewspapers?


Yeah, I'm done with 'em. Who knows what tomorrow will bring you here, readers.