Sunday, May 17, 2009

Government Worker Knows Where Money Is

He's just following the examples of his superiors....

"FDIC worker charged in bank robbery try" by Associated Press | May 15, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - An economist on leave from the federal agency that insures bank deposits has been charged with the April 11 attempted robbery of a Kansas City-area bank.

Jeff Walser said he had a bomb in his briefcase and demanded money at the Bank of America branch in Independence, but did not take $41,000 brought to him by an employee, according to an indictment. Walser, 51, surrendered to police and was being held in federal custody, the US attorney's office said.

Walser told police that he has health problems and that his plan was to be arrested and not tell them he required thrice-weekly dialysis treatments. "I wanted to be arrested and I wanted to die," he is quoted as saying. "But after my arrest, I did not have the will to kill myself."

Too bad; you could save the taxpayers some money.

I'm sorry, readers. I despise cry-wolf suiciders with so much death in the world. Either do it or get of the pot. You want sympathy? Go somewhere else.

Walser worked for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s Kansas City office and was on leave at the time of the robbery, agency spokesman Andrew Gray said.

--more--"