Monday, October 19, 2009

The Eternal Flame of Oregon

(Blog editor's note: I was against the invasion of Afghanistan (a fact I am still proud of), but not because I knew about 9/11 truth -- at that time I believed government and MSM -- it was because of my belief in non-violence. I simply didn't understand how killing more people was going to make things better. How was committing more violence going to help? It never does, and once again that philosophy has been proved correct. And then I found out it was based on unholy lies)

Also related: The Most Difficult Essay I Have Ever Read

"Oregon vigil against Afghan war marks 8th year" by Kim Murphy, Los Angeles Times | October 19, 2009

CORVALLIS, Ore. - On Oct. 7, the day after bombs began falling on Kabul and Jalalabad, several dozen Corvallis people got together and held a candlelight vigil against the war in Afghanistan. The next day, Beilstein stood with an antiwar sign outside the Benton County courthouse. Two other people showed up with signs of their own.

The next day, more protesters came. Since then, a second war started in Iraq, a new president was installed in the White House, and the Taliban was beaten back, only to regroup again.

Yet in Corvallis, they’re still saying no to the war in Afghanistan.

So are more Americans every day.

They have been there seven days a week, 365 days a year, between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m., since that autumn day in 2001....

On Oct. 7 - the war’s eighth anniversary, as President Obama mulled the possibility of dispatching more troops - the Corvallis ralliers’ numbers swelled to 75.

So why am I only hearing about it now, Globe?

I guess I should be thankful they mentioned it at all.


--more--"

Related:
Left and Right Meet in Globe