Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Globe Trick or Treat

Always a trick from them; however, I did receive a treat when I went to purchase one today. 

The guy in front of me was charge $6 for the paper in front of me, so I got on my tiptoes and leaned over his shoulder to see what was on the counter top. It was the New York Times with it's brightly-colored political map above the fold. 

The guy then bandied about the fact that no one reads newspapers anymore with the cashiers, and that is why the prices have gone up. The cashiers remarked that it wasn't a very good way to get more readers -- and now the Globe wants to charge you twice for its slop. 

I wouldn't pay $6 for a New York Times if my life depended on it. I never even visit their website unless a third entity directs me there.

Oh, I think I hear the doorbell!

I'm just going to leave a bowl of Boston Globe candy; help yourselves, dear readers:

Safe street a treat for revelers

Facing down fear, a treat at a time 

Pats’ game adds twist to the tricks and treats 

For pumpkin carver, scares are easy

That is the sum of my newspaper when you think about it. 

Also see 
I'm sorry, readers; I just didn't have time to give out as much candy this year.