Friday, April 10, 2009

A Final Farewell to the Boston Globe

Thanks, Globe! I needed a GOOD LAUGH before I cut you loose!!!!

"Many say they'd pay for the Globe online" by Scot Lehigh | April 10, 2009

Well, what do you know? Looks like the Globe's readers really are idiots.

Either that, or the paper is once more shoveling shit again
.

THANKS, Globe readers. On Wednesday I asked you to weigh in about the plight of the paper - and did you ever. Hundreds upon hundreds of you e-mailed me, while scores more offered their comments on Boston.com....

Related: See: Saying Goodbye to the Boston Globe

The comments posted on the website, though encouraging, weren't quite as favorable. Some critics seemed to be off on a merry snark lark.

I guess that's why you CENSORED and REMOVED THEM, huh, Globe?

CAN'T HANDLE the TRUTH, can you, lying scumbags?!!!!

(P.S. None were mine, readers. I didn't waste time commenting on their web site when I'm commenting right here.)

Others, intent on a paper-specific interpretation of an industry-wide business-model problem, insist we've driven away droves of readers - a critique that conveniently ignores the large readership Boston.com has attracted.

Yeah, I guess that's why you guys are losing so much money!!

Thank God this is the end for the Boston Globe here.

See: April 9, 2009: A Day That Will Live in Infamy

The SELF-DELUSIONAL, SELF-ADULATING BACK-SLAPPING is DISGUSTING!!!!!

So what did I learn? For many of you, reading the Globe with your morning coffee is a cherished part of your day.

NOT for a LONG TIME now, you PUSS-BAG LIARS!!!!!!!

You enjoy the look, presentation, and feel of the newspaper, the element of discovery, even the sound of the turning pages.

Oh, ARE WE FULL OF OURSELVES and OUR SHIT SHEET TODAY, aren't we?

Many related the long decades you have subscribed. We're lucky to have you - and we're truly in your debt."

Well, YOU DON'T ANYMORE, jerk stick, and I WAS a FAITHFUL PURCHASER for YEARS!!!!

Update: Not only have I NOT PURCHASED a Globe today, I have hardly looked at their content and have logged no drafts.

Goodbye, Globe!!!