Monday, August 12, 2013

Sunday Globe Special: Furious About Bank Fees

I don't know what is worse: the looting scheme run by the banks, or the mouthpiece media's apologetic propaganda:

"Tired of confusing hidden fees? The banks hear you" by Deirdre Fernandes |  Globe Staff, August 11, 2013

Under pressure from regulators, and increasingly sensitive to consumer complaints, many banks are adopting shorter, more concise, and easier to understand disclosures to their checking account fees.

Why were they that complicated in the first place? I mean, banks are here to help us, right? 

I don't know where you were raised, but I was raised on the idea of a PIGGY BANK -- and thus was indoctrinated into the "bank is good" propaganda at a very early age.

Customers in the past have needed detective skills and magnifying glasses to scour account agreements that ran for more than 40 pages to figure out exactly which fees applied to their checking accounts. But now....

Fuck off, Globe! That's what I wrote in blue ink on my printed paper as I crossed out what was after that.  

I'm just sitting here wondering why a consumer would have to be such a thing in the greatest economic system ever invented, one that makes us all prosperous. 

Why aren't the banks being upfront and forthright? What's with paper blizzard other than a thinly disguised attempt at theft?

Hidden fees have long been an irritant to customers, particularly in recent years as banks, squeezed by a weak economy, low interest rates, and shrinking profit margins, increased old fees and added new ones to increase revenues....

Related: Boston Globe is a Banker's Mouthpiece 

Yeah, they are making record profits and revenues are still rising, but.... SIGH!!!!!!

--more--"

Can you hear me now? 

Maybe I should take a smoke and calm down.