Thursday, July 9, 2009

Time Running Out For Boston Globe

Not only are they losing me as a purchaser because of the increasingly -- and bafflingly -- atrocious "reporting," but I find I am reading even less. Many articles are Xed out without even reading them anymore, particularly the second section of Metro and Business in the increasingly thin s*** sheet.

Even my friend noticed last night, commenting on the thinness of "one of the best sports sections in the country" according to the self-serving Red Sox
shill calling the game (I try to be a gracious host even though I'd rather watch a movie if I'm watching television -- so I slip in some news during commercials just so I can rattle his cage. It works, too. I know I've changed his outlook and got him to think of such things, even if he doesn't say anything. He reads the local paper differently now).

Yesterday I highlighted a prime reason why the American people have turned off to the AmeriKan newspapers, and will have a few special reports coming in the next few days.

Until then, I chose one business article to illustrate my feelings regarding that particular section of the agenda-pushing propaganda promoters Americans suffer as newspapers.


"Consumer credit fell by $3.2B in May" by Associated Press | July 9, 2009

WASHINGTON - Consumers trimmed borrowing in May for the fourth straight month as the recession took another bite out of investments and drove unemployment higher. Many economists predict that consumers will stay cautious in the months ahead, boding for a lethargic recovery if the downturn ends later this year as many expect....

Did you know that in the writing courses I had in college told me words like COULD BE, IF, MAYBE, STILL, BUT, etc, etc, were BAD WORDS to use for a REPORT -- and YET (another lovely word) I find them IN MY NEWSPAPER REPORTS EVERY DAY, EVERY WHERE!

Oh, by the way, this is the SAME PAPER that has been TRUMPETING the "fact" that we are COMING OUT of 'RECESSION' (after HIDING ONE for ten months) in INNUMERABLE PROPAGANDA PIECES for the American public.


And WHERE is the BAILOUT for YOUR INVESTMENTS, taxpayer?!

I noticed YOUR PENSIONS just KEEP GOING DOWN!

See:
Where Your Pension Went

Around here we call that STEALING!


The new figures still mark the latest move by consumers to curb borrowing, pay down debt, and strengthen household budgets. Americans have been spending less and saving more to cope with the recession, which started in December 2007 and is the longest since World War II.

And YOU will LUUUUUUUVVVVVV this next "report," I guarantee it!


Revised data released yesterday
showed consumers ratcheted back borrowing at a 7.8 percent pace in April, or by $16.5 billion. That was a bigger cut than the government first reported....

And THAT is why I NO LONGER LIKE reading the BUSINESS LIES, 'er, SECTION of the BOSTON GLOBE!


--more--"

For more on the daily dose of double-talking lies the U.S. public is being fed on the economy by the s***-shoveling newspapers see my
business posts.

Oh, and about that FIRST ISSUE!

They TONED IT DOWN a BIT TODAY with a BRIEF!


"Senators say US should let Haitians stay

The Obama administration should grant temporary protection to Haitians living in the United States illegally, Senators John F. Kerry and Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts say in a letter to be sent today to the president. The letter, authored by Senator Richard Durbin of Illinois and signed by Kennedy, Kerry, and two other senators, says that forcing thousands to return after their nation was devastated by hurricanes last year will “aggravate a challenging humanitarian situation.” Temporary protected status is typically granted to people whose homelands have been ravaged by war or natural disasters. An estimated 3,000 Haitians are living illegally in Massachusetts.

--more--"

Do you know how I would help the Haitians?

I would quit yanking $1 million a week out of their economy to pay back bankers, and I would get them some food immediately. Notice how it always comes back to the DAMN BANKERS!?

Oh, and that political and economic turmoil?

Brought by the U.S and its meddling, sorry!


Related:
Congress Coddles Terrorists

Maybe you guys could have them over to the U.N for LUNCH?