Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Foreclosing on the Boston Globe

I'm going to give you Exhibit A this morning as to why I have really been sour on the Globe lately, readers.

I see this as I move to retrieve the printed record and sports section from the local:


Mortgage foreclosures soar in Western Mass.

I then read the game reports and was generally satisfied with the coverage.

I then do my daily duty and start peeling open the
Globe and three-quarters through guess what I find:

"Pace of foreclosures may be slowing in Mass.; In January, new petitions dropped to 12-month low" by Megan Woolhouse, Globe Staff | March 3, 2010

Pfffft
, sigh.

I'm nearly in tears as that familiar hollow feeling is entering my torso.


Especially when I read this in paragraph two
:

At the same time, the number of foreclosure deeds - one of the final steps in the foreclosure process - increased to the highest level for the month of January since 2006, according to Warren Group, a Boston company that tracks the housing market....

Sigh.

I can't take it anymore, readers.

Every single thing you read in the Boston Globe is nothing but agenda-pushing lie, division, or distortion after agenda-pushing lie, division, or distortion.


You know, I have been READING NEWSPAPERS for DECADES and NEVER have they been SO AWFUL!

(I wouldn't know about television; I never watch news on television anymore and I despise
radio no matter who is on "left" or "right." That gets tuned to music in the car now)!

Barry Bluestone, dean of the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs at Northeastern University, said many people who have been unemployed for several months or more may have bought their homes at the peak of the housing market, putting them in an especially vulnerable position.

“They have seen the value of their home decline and they have been laid off a long time,’’ Bluestone said. “We fear we may see another spike in petitions if unemployment continues to be very high, which it looks like it may.’’

And yet for six months now we have been sold recovery and hope, brightness and business, and the rigamarole blah, blah, blah by same said paper here was and is nothing but cheer-leading crapola.

Bye-bye, Boston Glob.


--more--"

Yeah, I have to figure something out there.

I can't go on reading them because they suck. It's s*** news coverage of s***.


So what am I doing still typing about 'em?

I need to MOVE ON TO BETTER THINGS!! The GAMES!