Sunday, October 18, 2009

AP's Poster Boy

I would like to say one thing about ALL MY POSTS here.

I PAID for THAT PAPER, Mr. Bush!!!

It is PUBLIC INFORMATION I ALREADY PAID FOR, and judging by the way you rewrite and reedit hoops around me, I AM NOT PAYING AGAIN!

The day the courts decide in your favor is the day I stop, as my constitutional disclaimer allows. The day the Globe charges for web content is the day I stop purchasing them and this blog shifts into low gear. I've proved my points.

To my readers and followers, I am not proud I purchased and read a newspaper. Not at all, but I DID BUY the RIGHT to QUOTE their lies -- until a judge says otherwise!!!!


"Poster artist admits to lying; AP to continue copyright suit" by Liz Robbins, New York Times | October 18, 2009

NEW YORK - Shepard Fairey, the artist whose “Hope’’ poster of Barack Obama became an iconic emblem of the presidential campaign, has admitted that he lied about which photograph from the Associated Press he used as his source, and that he then covered up evidence to conceal his lie.

With ALL the WAR CRIMINALS like Dickie and Donnie and Georgie and Georgie and Condi and.... the MSM RIPS THIS GUY for an AGENDA-PUSHING POSTER because he used their picture?

You would think they would BE HAPPY that BLOGGERS are DIRECTING OUR READERS to their sites because THAT IS WHERE THEIR TRAFFIC is coming from! You don't think regular Amurkns are clicking up the BG, do you?

Fairey’s admission, which he made public Friday, threw his legal battle with the news agency into disarray....

Srinandan R. Kasi, the AP’s general counsel, released a statement Friday night that said:

“The AP intends to vigorously pursue its countersuit alleging that Fairey willfully infringed the AP’s copyright in the close-up photo of then-Senator Obama by using it without permission to create the Hope and Progress posters and related products, including T-shirts and sweatshirts that have led to substantial revenue.’’

Well, I HAVEN'T MADE ONE DIME!

This has DONE NOTHING but COST ME $$$ and GIVEN ME HEARTACHE and GRIEF!

--more--"