Monday, October 19, 2009

A Snowblind Globe

No, they never did mention the snows in the Midwest.

Related:
Cold Night in New England

Can't ignore these, though. They were on TV for all to see.

"Whitewashed; Storm wallops the region with a wintry mix" by Michael Corcoran, Globe Correspondent | October 19, 2009

A strong northeaster struck Massachusetts yesterday....

Kim Buttrick, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service, said an estimated 1 to 2 inches of rain fell on Boston and surrounding areas yesterday....

Or FLUFFIER STUFF!

How could you miss it: The Boston Globe's Reindeer Games

I even enjoyed watching football with my friends for a change. The game was surreal. Everything went right for one side and wrong for the other. It was morbidly fascinating.

The storm packed all the ingredients of a fall New England northeaster: strong winds, high tides, and plenty of rain. But it threw a surprise, too, a wet dollop of snow that added to the misery of those caught out in it.

At the New England Patriots game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough yesterday afternoon, Dean Costa of Dennis and his son were caught off guard by the wintry weather. “I thought it was going to be cold, and I was preparing for it, but no way I thought it was going to be this cold,’’ Costa said....

His son, Dean Jr., who wore a light-blue Tennessee Titans jersey over a white hoody, was more outspoken in his distaste for the frigid conditions. “It’s terrible. I’m freezing out here.’’

Nearby, Amy Scolardi was a little more fortified for the weather. She was wrapped in three layers of Pats gear, with a clear poncho over the ensemble, and her face was covered by a Patriots hat and neck warmer. “This is awesome. It’s not often you get to experience a snow game, let alone in October,’’ said Scolardi, of North Providence, R.I....

Yeah, it is OCTOBER the 19th!

I NEVER REMEMBER it being THIS COLD with SNOW on the ground BEFORE HALLOWEEN!!!

“.... I have been here 11 years and I have never seen weather like this.’’

I have been here a LOT LONGER!


--more--"