Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bread and Circuses From the Boston Globe

Don't let it get stuck in the oil, if you know what I mean.

And remember what I said about insults and my lack of enthusiasm lately.

Your Metro lead today
:

"An interesting interaction between the circus and the city. The performers will ride the subway home with their audience. They will venture into the food court at Faneuil Hall between shows, with their makeup still on. And they will be followed by head shakes of disbelief, like when a child sees a teacher at the movies, or a voter sees Mayor Menino bargain hunting at Filene’s Basement. For the audience, they are superheroes who live in a world of magical feats. But the circus life is two-fold; behind the scenes, they are as banal as the rest of us.

SPEAK for YOURSELF!!!

I happen to think I'm a pretty interesting and well-rounded guy.

I can DESCEND to OTHERS WORLDS and listen to other people's banal interest (sports) and provide feedback while holding onto this one you are reading that PEOPLE IGNORE when I raise such things (I recognize the blank, I don't want to talk about, that's just me stare)!

If you want more banality, you know where to go, dear readers.

--more--"