Thursday, May 27, 2010

Searching For Boston Globe Amidst a State of Emergency

"Greenfield declares state of emergency in wake of powerful storms that ripped through Western Massachusetts"

I could HEAR THE TREES FALLING LAST NIGHT and am LUCKY ONE DID NOT HIT the HOUSE!!!


I just finished a tour of the property and the woods out back LOOKS LIKE a WAR ZONE! Trees have been UPROOTED and the SQUIRRELS are in SHOCK!!!

Fortunately, the house and car were intact so I took a tour of the neighborhood.

We have blocked off streets with debris everywhere.

I saw three tremendously tall and ancient oaks uprooted; one at the top of the street, one around the corner, and one in the cemetery a across town, and all the roads are filled with debris.


My first stop at the Hess found no paper; I continued up to the other convenience stores along our small-town strip and nothing; at the top of the street the Sunoco had no power and the lights at the intersection were dead. My last stop was the 24-hour CVS (which always has a stack of Globes even late in the day) and nothing.

I might try the Walgreens later readers; however, as it looks now, I have some yard clean-up ahead.


This is one time I don't mind saying it could have been worse.