Saturday, March 21, 2009

Basketball, Blogging, and Bullshit

The first item is an activity that I love and will be partaking in relatively shortly this morning before I settle in for ten hours of young men and young women playing for a title. It also explains why I am so far behind on this blog and why I am unenthusiastic about about blogging these days when it comes to AmeriKa's newspapers. I'm no longer watching any television news or talk programs, either, and I find myself becoming more and more despondent about the newspapers every day.

Which brings me to the final item because that's what I am finding in my newspapers. Yes, there may be a sentence or two of fleeting truths; however, when repetive lies and propaganda are encased in a log of crap it just wears you down. I've only been buying them this week because I have been inattentive to the blogs (due to all the life-celebrating basketball) and at least wanted to see what was being reported for commentary as I purchased my morning coffee (the one luxury I still afford myself). Old habits are hard to break, but this must end soon.

The problem then is that I will begin reducing the amount of posts and visits from and to the Boston Globe. It has happened before; I haven't purchased a New York Times since December 31, 2007 and I never even visit their website anymore. I know I am working off their adopted child here, but that was to give you, the reader, a local flavor for what is happening in my general vicinity witht the big-city war daily (New England's paper!) as the guide. The fact is, I can do without the endless war propaganda and agenda-pushing lies while working on other things.

Just another anecdotal piece of evidence regarding the failing newspaper industry. When one of their most faithful, loyal, and decades-long patrons comes on here and espouses the sadness and dejection he feels towards an institution he once respected, well, that about says it all, doesn't it?