Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Boston Globe Name-Dropper

Normally, I wouldn't post entertainment articles; however, they are the final page of the Metro section and these clips caught my eye.

"No love lost at 'Kiss Me, I'm Imus'" by Mark Shanahan & Paysha Rhone | March 18, 2009

Cancer hasn't slowed Don Imus, or made him more softhearted. The cantankerous talk-show host gave local radio yakker Jay Severin a smackdown yesterday during his annual St. Patrick's Day "Kiss Me, I'm Imus" show, broadcast on WTKK from the Wilbur Theatre. The two have been at odds since Severin stopped appearing on Imus's show last fall, saying he felt insulted by the host. But yesterday, the feud boiled over, with Imus threatening to shoot Severin if he didn't get off the Wilbur's stage.

It's amazing what some guys can get away with, and what sticks.

Also see: John McCain and Chris Dodd: Racists Running For President

"I knew myself to not be recently in his good graces," said Severin, who nevertheless went onstage to greet his former colleagues. He said Imus's producer beckoned him to speak to the host, and that he squatted down to hear Imus better. "He looked right at me and said, 'Get the [expletive] off the stage or I will shoot you,' " he said. "I was really taken aback." After Imus repeated the threat, Severin went backstage, where he heard Imus lambaste him on the air. "My policy, when people [mess with] me, is to never talk to them again," ranted Imus, who complained that Severin not only boycotted his show, but then blabbed to reporters about it. "Don't run your fat mouth and [mess with] me and think I'm going to forget about it." Matthew Hiltzik, Imus's spokesman, confirmed the exchange took place, but said Severin was uninvited and unwanted at the theater. Imus's threat was a "figure of speech," Hiltzik said, not serious.

You mean, like when he said the cast of the Today Show should be put on a bus and blown up? It's a PATTERN with this "terrorist," isn't it?

"It's rare that you see such a pathetic and desperate attempt to manufacture a controversy," he said. "[Imus is] a 68-year-old guy who's suffering from cancer. I mean, there are limits." Severin said he's not fearful, but he's done trying to make up with the I-Man. (He'd previously left him a letter with well wishes at his hotel, Severin said.) And he has no plans to press criminal charges. "I expect nothing will happen further," he said."

Imus got fired before, but not for what you thought:

"We hear that Don Imus actually went down because he threatened to reveal things about the 9/11 false flag op."

Must be why some advertiser is
hassling him now.

Also see
: Imus Back in Hot Water

And when I saw this, well....

"Winehouse courts attention in London

Singer Amy Winehouse turned a London court appearance into a spring fashion show yesterday as she pleaded innocent to assaulting a fan at a party last year. The 25-year-old star known for battles with addiction and frequent run-ins with the law stepped out of a car wearing a low-cut floral minidress and her trademark beehive hairdo.


Paparazzi flashed away at their first sighting of the diva since she returned from an extended break on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia (AP)."

Yup, it's ALL BEEN a BIG JOKE, 'eh, you skanky slut?

I thought you were dying?

Related:
The Boston Globe's Amy Winehouse Obsession