Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MSM UFO Won't Land

It's a running saga.

"Outsider queried in balloon probe; Associate sold story, appeared on ‘Today’ show"

Related:
Up, Up, and Away....

Yeah, readers, this is a FULL WEEK of COVERAGE.

Also see:
Heralding the End of Newspapers

Which is sad because as bad as they are, they are so much better than television.

I also find myself in a strange position this morning, readers. I have noticed over the last week a real distaste on my part for so many agenda-pushing items coming out of the paper that I am reaching the point where the paper is no longer worth purchasing, which in turn drives down the number of posts here.

I still have plenty of material to work on; however, I simply find myself Xing out more and more stories that are superficial, unimportant, or some agenda-pushing garbage. The fact is it is always the same old recycled crap. The stories could have been written five years ago. It's always the same old themes, the same old war-promoting, the same old garbage.

I said I was going to hang in here until the paper starts charging for web content, but that hope is now fading. I don't look forward to the morning newspaper the way I once did and certainly don't want to waste your time and mine on such s***.

And think about this: if THEY HAVE LOST ME -- a loyal, decades-long purchaser and reader -- then how will they ever hope to survive, especially in a world that no longer cares what they say and won't pay for it?